Best Car Cover For E9

ATL_Alan

Reaction score
Hi all, hope the New Year is off to a great start for everyone!

Still very happy to pass on my wholesale cost on the fitted stretchy satin covers I buy from The Cover Company in Barcelona. If you go with one of the standard 'library' colors, they are typically $255/285 delivered in the US. If you choose a custom Pantone color match, they cost a little more. The tops are very high quality and fit very well. I use them on my personal cars and all of my restoration customers get one. We can make them with or without mirror pockets. As small as the E9 mirrors are, I usually advise people to delete the mirror pockets. We can also customize the covers with names, model details, manufacturer's logo, etc.

Only downside is they take a few weeks to make/deliver.

Cheers all!

Hi Dan, Thanks for responding and sorry for the late reply, I wasn't getting updates on responses to my post. Other people are posting that they like your covers, what is involved in ordering one?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Scott, I'm in Druid Hills and the coupe is Polaris Silver with blue leather. I also have a 1961 Porsche 356 Cabriolet in black/tan and am the original owner of a 1996 Porsche 996, also black and tan, with 38,000 miles.

For some reason I stopped getting updates from the forum on replies the day after the post went up and just decided to check in and see what, if anything, had happened. So I'll start going through the other replies now.
hopefully we can meet up sometime soon
scott

ATL_Alan

Reaction score
Sounds good. Is there a local E9 group in Atlanta anymore? There used to be small group a LONG time ago, back when the CS Registry newsletter was printed and mailed out occasionally.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Dan, Thanks for responding and sorry for the late reply, I wasn't getting updates on responses to my post. Other people are posting that they like your covers, what is involved in ordering one?

That may have been a byproduct of me merging your thread with the big car cover thread:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sounds good. Is there a local E9 group in Atlanta anymore? There used to be small group a LONG time ago, back when the CS Registry newsletter was printed and mailed out occasionally.
the answer is a 'qualified' yes. we get together as BMW Classics of Georgia ... there are several e9 members along with 2002, e28 m5 and e24 owners ... there are about 10 coupe owners in the group

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Alan, shoot me a dm and I will have the factory put a quote together for you.
Cheers!
Dan

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Alan, if you want to get together this week, i can bring over both car covers and you can see how they fit on your coupe. i have a brand new cover from Dan that will go on my coupe when it comes out of the paint shop. (hopefully soon)

ATL_Alan

Reaction score
Alan, if you want to get together this week, i can bring over both car covers and you can see how they fit on your coupe. i have a brand new cover from Dan that will go on my coupe when it comes out of the paint shop. (hopefully soon)
Hi Scott,

Sorry again, still not getting replies in my email so I just checked back here and saw your response. Next week isn't great but I'm around after that.