Best Car Cover For E9

rewinder

Reaction score
Hello Forum, I am just searching for a fitting car cover for my '74 E9. Does anyone have any leads or has purchased a fitting cover specifically for an E9? Any help would be very appreciated.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Rewinder,
Take a read, these are about the best custom covers out there
Cheers
Keshav

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think the answer is highly contingent on your needs. I wouldn’t chose “Dan’s cover for 12 hours a day in the sun and rain, but it is the hands down nicest garage cover that Inhabe seen.

I had a generic outdoor cover which worked well in the rain for 9 months, and like all outdoor covers that I have ever owned, it started to disintegrate around that time. I now have a cover king now, which looks like a damn lunar lander in my garage and fits like a bad suit.

Last edited:

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
So a question: would you use a car cover in a dehumidified garage - literally just a dust cover?

And if so are Dan’s cover over the top for this need. Just interested in people’s thoughts.

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi guys, thanks for the kind words :) I am on vacation for the next couple of weeks but will reach out to the several of you that have sent PMs regarding car covers. I am happy to continue passing on my wholesale cost to E9 list members.
I will be in touch soon, cheers for now!
Dan

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
So a question: would you use a car cover in a dehumidified garage - literally just a dust cover?

I use a car cover on my coupe when it sits in the garage over the winter, keeps the car much cleaner than without.
It's an indoor universal cover that breathes a little, and I keep the windows down as well.
In the future I'm going to order a cover from Dan.

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
OEM BMW COVER FOR THE 633 FITS PERFECT AND HAS THE BMW ON IT

Last edited:

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
I use a car cover on my coupe when it sits in the garage over the winter, keeps the car much cleaner than without.
It's an indoor universal cover that breathes a little, and I keep the windows down as well.
In the future I'm going to order a cover from Dan.

Thanks Dan. I’ve reached out to dan about getting one of his covers.

Appreciate the response. M.

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Sorry for the delay but my feet haven't touched the ground since I got back from many travels a couple of weeks ago. Several of you have sent me multiple DMs regarding covers, and I will do my best to get back to you all in the next few days. If you need a cover in a rush, I am not your best option. If you can wait a little while, I am happy to get you a tailored Cover Company cover at my wholesale cost.

Thanks for your patience!
Dan

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Sorry for the delay but my feet haven't touched the ground since I got back from many travels a couple of weeks ago. Several of you have sent me multiple DMs regarding covers, and I will do my best to get back to you all in the next few days. If you need a cover in a rush, I am not your best option. If you can wait a little while, I am happy to get you a tailored Cover Company cover at my wholesale cost.

Thanks for your patience!
Dan

Hey @Dan Mooney ,

Thanks for the reply. I'm not in any major rush so please answer my PM's when it is good for you.

Thanks & Regards, Michael.

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am pleased to report that all of the car covers ordered as a result of this thread have now been manufactured and shipped and should be delivered in the next few days.

I have one more cover for a Fjord Blue CS that is currently sitting on my desk because I am ashamed to say that I have lost the contact information for the person who ordered it! This was an order placed months ago, not one of the recent batch of orders. The person for whom I ordered this cover is the same person that bought the Petri steering wheel I donated to HB Chris' daughter's Go Fund Me page. Apologies for my incompetence, but for the life of me I cannot remember the name and contact information, other than him being based in California o_O

If you recognize yourself as the owner of the Fjord Blue cover on my desk, please fire me a DM and I will get it mailed out to you.

Cheers to all!
Dan

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
OEM FOR THE 6 SERIES'S
IMG_1583.JPG
IMG_1584.JPG