Superb service from Bela

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Bella , what is the average cost of restoring a wood set? Mine are from a 71 CS 2800 and in real bad shape fallen apart !!!
Thanks
Tony P.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Bella, even though I'm making a couple of door trim sets I have to say that my hat is off to you. You have a wonderful reputation and I can tell everyone here that the amount of hours required to make these pieces is incredible. It may not be too difficult if you have perfect cores but it's still a PITA to apply the veneer and get everything correct, especially the finish.... and then there are the HOURS!

Cheers!

flobloc

Reaction score
Here's photos of my Bela wood. Can't wait for it to arrive...

Attachments

• IMG_0939.JPG
    IMG_0939.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 278

CeylonstonE9

Site Donor
Reaction score
1.jpg 2.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg
3.jpg

I received high gloss wood set from bela. This is my full experience with bela about wood set transaction.
1- Sent him a western union transfer.
2- He made the set and send me a picture. Asked me if I liked it or not? I said very nice.
3- He sent the wood wet to me with a well made package which you see in the picture.

Overall perfect transaction. I appreciate the honesty and work quality.
Not easy to find people like this nowadays.... hope he continues this way for all his future sales.

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I received my set from Bela a few days back. Finally had a chance to open the box up.

Very nice. I did not open it 'all up' - I will do that when I have a better place to store the wood, pending installation in the car.

Like others, I am not a fan of Western Union. But - it worked out.
Tip - If you use a credit card to fund the transfer - be aware that your CC company will likely treat the transaction as a cash advance. Fees and interest and all that comes with that. My credit card company credited my acct for the fees and interest - but that was me. YMMV....

Now - on to SFDon to get the engine and rest of the car going. :)

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
I just picked up my second set from Bela while in Europe. Once again very easy transaction and very trustworthy guy. He met me at my location and packed the pieces for me as I requested to carry on board the plane. Very recommended.

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Just wanted to mention some truly outstanding service received from @bela22

Briefly, I had a problem with one piece of wood Bela had refinished for me for the CSi. I saw the photographs before it shipped to me, and the veneer was perfect. Unfortunately, when I opened the shipment, the piece in question had a crack in it. I returned it, at Bella's insistence, and it was redone and shipped back to me at no charge. As if this that wasn't enough to earn this recommendation, the same thing happened AGAIN. The issue was so minor that I was prepared to live with it, but Bela insisted I send it back and have him redo it.

The piece in question is now absolutely perfect and I cannot thank Bela enough for the superb service.

If you are refinishing the wood in your BMW, don't hesitate to send it to Bela. Excellent value and unsurpassed service.

Cheers!
Dan

bmwsydney

Site Donor
Reaction score
I took my timber to Budapest and Bela picked me up at the airport with my timber and had it finished in two weeks and shipped to UK so I could carry it back to Australia with me. He is a wonderful man and does an excellent job. Another recommendation!