Bavaria Newbie

CooperF450

Reaction score
Hello Folks:

This is my first post - I've been looking for a solid Pre-75 Bavaria for awhile and recently purchased a 74 Bavaria 3.0s. The car seems to be mechanically original, but the original blue interior has been gutted, so need an assist on finding parts and pieces including drivers side seat risers, front/rear seats, center console, etc. I do have the door panels which are in really decent shape. I live in the SF Bay Area so any input will be appreciated.

On another note, I also own a very solid 88 535is. The dimensions between the two cars seem pretty similar - has anyone swapped an E28 interior into an E3?

Look forward to y'alls input.

Bwana

Reaction score
Welcome. Any pictures? Does it run? There are several Bavaria guys in your area, you should try to make it to Legends this year

CooperF450

Reaction score
See pics of the Bavaria

Attachments

• IMG_1809.JPG
    IMG_1809.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 181
  • IMG_1810.JPG
    IMG_1810.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 172
  • IMG_1811.JPG
    IMG_1811.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 197

Joe Barthlow

Reaction score
Welcome. I'm a newbie myself. Seems to be a few E3s heading the part-out route. I'd take some time and find some E3 seats. whatever you find can be rebuilt/covered. There are new carpet sets you can by. you could also consider a set of scheel-mann or Recaro seats for the front (not cheap).

Joe Barthlow

Reaction score
Question for late E3 body pros... the square holes in front... is that what it looks like when removing the larger US bumpers? or has the hole been cleaned up?

corvair kid

Reaction score
Hey, Cooper, welcome to E3 ownership! I'm in Oakland, and think there's someone else on here in Mill Valley, so there are a few Bay Area Bav folks here. I don't claim to be an expert, but happy to help if you need anything from someone local.

You might check out Double 02 Salvage in Hayward. They have a lot of stuff...it's not always cheap, and you have to be patient with them to make sure you actually get the right part for your car (the differences between a 3.0S and a Bavaria, which I'll grant you are subtle but that doesn't mean parts are interchangeable, are lost on them), but they might have much of what you're looking for.

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
Question for late E3 body pros... the square holes in front... is that what it looks like when removing the larger US bumpers? or has the hole been cleaned up?
that is how they look when the baby buggy bumper and associated shocks and giant square rubber mounts are removed

CooperF450

Reaction score
Thanks for all the resplies - I'm familiar with Double 02, I just haven't been successful in getting them to respond to my inquiries.

I'll probably leave my E28 alone, it's a great car, absolutely everything works, interior is clean - paint looks like hell, but I can live with that.

Attachments

• IMG_1826.JPG
    IMG_1826.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 150
  • IMG_1827.JPG
    IMG_1827.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 180

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for all the resplies - I'm familiar with Double 02, I just haven't been successful in getting them to respond to my inquiries. I'll probably leave my E28 alone, it's a great car, absolutely everything works, interior is clean - paint looks like hell, but I can live with that.

Tell Marshall that Dale sent you, we haven't seen each other in a while...
....oh and feel free to drop me an e-mail or pm also...

CooperF450

Reaction score
Appreciate the link, but I just purchased another Bavaria - completely original, with the brown interior.

On another note - I'm in the process of pulling out the 74 's drivetrain - anyone interested? It has the Weber carbs.

Attachments

• IMG_1880.JPG
    IMG_1880.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 225
  • IMG_1879.JPG
    IMG_1879.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 166