Back in Germany

Truderinger

Reaction score
Hi to all!
I thought I change my writing and I will do it from my own view.
I am living nearly my whole life in Munich and I fell in love with the CS since the 80's. On my way to school I passed often a silver CS 3.0. This picture of the car with it's incredible thin pillars is etched in my mind.
Now, after all the necessary things which a man has to do were done, I was looking for a E9. It should have a good condition and black leather. I found it in the German E9-forum after viewing a lot of rust buckets. It was located in Austria. It's a fjord-blue 3.0 CS, built in 1972. Last week I drove it from there to it's new home in Munich.
Now I have some obstacles before I can drive it on our roads. As it was registered in Austria I need to get a registration for Germany and then I can get my German plates. This will take me a few days but I hope everything is done until mid of next week.

Then I will choose a sunny day (not very often currently) get up early at the weekend, put my leather hand gloves on and drive through the quite empty city while hearing the music of the 70's. I hope I can catch a smell of that time.
I ask you: is this normal or should I go to the doctor?

I love this forum because it gives tremendous information for the best BMW coupé and I like to read how folks treat their cars abroad.

I put some pictures here: http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/album.php?albumid=158
More will follow.

Truderinger

Last edited:

FjordTempo

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing your story and photos of your car. I'm curious what 70s music you listen to in order to put yourself into the full E9 experience? Any other Kraftwerk fans out there?

Fellow Fjord owner Matt

Lorenzo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Congratulations! Why don't you come to Italy for a nice drive under the sun? The Mille Miglia is coming soon, have some german and austrian friends that will join for the event.

tightbox

Reaction score
Wow - stunning! She looks immaculate, great find! Fellow Fjord lover as well (x2).

Matt, do you have high res pics of your Fjord/Red combo posted somewhere? I was thinking of changing out my non-original white interior for a dark red/merlot leather on Fjord combo.

Truderinger

Reaction score
Hey guys,

thanks. Regarding the music Kraftwerk is great, I listen also to Tangerine Dream and JMJ. But to put me into the right mood I think I will listen to Led Z., Pink Floyd and Funk&Soul music like E,W&F (I know, very different).

BTW does anybody have an advice for a subwoofer which I can place between radio and loudspeaker? Probably something which I can put under the rear seats. I don't want to drill or cut any holes in my car.

Lorenzo: Garda lake will be my first goal in Italy, not too far from Munich.

But before I have to overcome some obstacles regarding the registration. It seems that will be an odyssey in our bureaucracy country. Although the car comes from Austria with no customs issues it needs so many papers to get it registered. Hope I can do it in the next 2 weeks. I will post when it's done. Now I am looking for good driver gloves and cool sun glasses from the 70's 8)