Back from John Esposito's Shop

joshua

Reaction score
Today Jeff, Andy, and I rolled the CS onto the trailer and said goodbye and GREAT job to John Esposito and his guys. The paint and body took longer than expected but that seems to be the way these things workout. It was worth the wait!
Can't wait for the next step...

Attachments

• _S7A3103.jpg
    _S7A3103.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 259
  • _S7A3093.jpg
    _S7A3093.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 244
  • _S7A3092.jpg
    _S7A3092.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 248
  • _S7A3078.jpg
    _S7A3078.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 243

OZCSi

Reaction score
How exciting,

the longest journeys all start with a single step.

It looks amazing in that color.

Enjoy the ride from here on in with re assembly.

Oz

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Joshua,

Putting it back to together is the fun, but very time consuming part but also extremely rewarding.

Chris

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
out of curiousity, how many hours do you all think it takes to put a car back together after painting like this? wild ass guess works ... Stan or anybody else want to make a stab at it?

OZCSi

Reaction score
Hours sounds like a do able amount of time

In reality it was a ridiculous amount of time for me when i did the 2002.

I estimate about 200........dont laugh.

That was all body and interior and only some running gear time spent, but not much.

Sounds a lot, but the day just gets away when you are really aiming high on fitting trims etc.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
I always say slow means you are

Taking your time, being careful, and enjoying/savoring the experience of building something great. Everything I do on my my old cars takes twice what an honest professional shop would need, but I'm not on a clock and I stop when it's not fun.

jmackro

Reaction score
out of curiousity, how many hours do you all think it takes to put a car back together after painting like this? wild ass guess works ...

I didn't keep track, and my coupe wasn't quite as torn down as joshua's, but:

Mine took a whole bunch of hours. Getting the window channels properly aligned was certainly the largest time sink. Re-installing the dash, using new wood, was a close second.

If I had been paying a professional at $100+ per hour, the bill would have been staggering. But as Chris wrote, as long as you find solving these sort of puzzles fun, then the more hours the better!

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
100 man-hours

out of curiousity, how many hours do you all think it takes to put a car back together after painting like this? wild ass guess works ... Stan or anybody else want to make a stab at it?

Chris and I worked 10 hours a day for 4 days and got most of mine put back together. BFeng dropped in one day and pitched in. My dashboard and windows were in but everything else needed to be installed. Chris is very knowledgeable and I was an eager learner. If the garage were 20 degrees warmr it may have gone faster. If you are installing headiner, door and trunk seals carpets etc, I could see you going to 200 hours.

The satisfaction of putting it all back together in a painstaking manner is tremendous!
Each time I look at my coupe, the satisfaction returns.

It is a two man job for things like bumpers and other things go easier and faster with 4 hands