Anyone with a RHD (UK based) coupe looking to convert to manual steering?

dj_efk

Reaction score
My car has steering that is really too heavy when parking with my wider tyres than standard - although is lovely once on the move! My wife can’t drive it as things stand and if she can’t share the love then it’s days could be otherwise numbered!

Hence I could be tempted to swap out my manual steering setup for power assisted. I’m aware my setup is rare and desirable for CSLs and track racers, hence wondered if someone else out there would be interested in doing some kind of exchange deal?

My car goes into the workshop for some work in October and hence I’m planning ahead...

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Oh man..
Just bought a manual RHD box to swap out my power unit.
If you go down this road my advice is to keep the original manual box as they are very hard to get.

oldcoupe

Reaction score
I think the E3 power steering box is the same - you might just still find one at a breakers yard or ask the UK E3 people on this site.

pat cooks

Reaction score
I will have an E9 pas box, pump, brackets and reservoir in my shed, for sale not worried about a swop, won't be expensive, well not by E9 standards!

I also have a few E9 M30 core engines, unknown condition, one "complete" CSi engine with injection system, ecu and wiring inc. ecu to engine loom, for sale, some front suspension legs, and other bits, trying to make some room, also have a late M30 ribbed bottom 5 speed overdrive gearbox (no speedo drive) so electronic speedo would be needed, I assume the car is in the UK?