Anyone parting a manual?

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
After the woes of trying to find a torque converter, maybe it's time for me to do a manual swap.
I need the pedals, clutch mc, flywheel and a good clutch and bearing.
I can buy the available stuff new but definitely need the pedal and plumbing

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have a fairly large pile of automatic trannys sitting in my shop.

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a fairly large pile of automatic trannys sitting in my shop.
I removed the seized engine with the TC still connected because i can't turn the motor to access the bolts. for the sake of simplicity, if you have the TC, flywheel and mount plate for the TC, that would be great. do you have all that for the BW65? i read that the ZF torque converter doesnt work on the borg warner
ultimately, doing the manual swap would just be a good choice for the 70mph roads i'm always on.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I wonder what the engineers were thinking when the original TV ad said "125 All Day Long"

I have a flywheel if someone needs it

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Peter,
Do you still have the flywheel? If so, what is it out of? I need a flywheel for a Getrag 265 I'm swapping into a '73 Bavaria. Do you have a manual pedal box too? o_O

Regards
Bill P.
Hi Bill I have a flywheel but shipping up north won't be cheap... You can probably find one at a junkyard up there for less-

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have contacted a few folks around Edmonton
the flywheel is the same part number for all these models:

I found about 50 of them on http://www.car-part.com/ I used the dropdown menus for an 87 535i but you can use other models, like the e24
I love car-part, it's a database of junkyards, anything you find on there, they will ship.