Anyone into English phone booths? For sale...

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
A friend's sister has an original English phone booth sitting in her yard with weeds growing around it. I don't know anything other than its an original cast iron box and needs restoration. Its located in central CA if you know anyone that's looking for a man cave addition. We don't have photos yet and she doesn't know what its worth.

Dan

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
15074074382_3c0cfd8e9a_b.jpg

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
We just traveled through England this fall. Had a lovely time. We'd love to buy this, but Texas is a long way from CA and they are very heavy.....

Hmm...

Ian

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
We just traveled through England this fall. Had a lovely time. We'd love to buy this, but Texas is a long way from CA and they are very heavy.....

Hmm...

Ian
Buy a coupe out there, rent a LARGE trailer and add in the phone booth. Or see if someone else is buying a coupe and trailering to TX...

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Finally got a photo. Any idea what this might be worth?

Attachments

• IMG_8714.JPG
    IMG_8714.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 117

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Well, these are called "K phone boxes" in the UK, and are selling refurbed for 3000 Pounds Sterling. Original, in need of repair, @ about 2300 Pounds Sterling. So there's a starting point. Good luck Dan. Mike

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Do you think it's worth $2000 as it sits. Picked up?
Well I do not pretend to have any kind of aptitude for evaluating such items. If you really want it, I bet at that price it would be yours ;). Always useful to talk it over with seller and discover what they really want out of it. Keep us posted! Mike

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I don't want it, I'm asking for them. They don't know what it's worth but don't want to give it away either...