ANY information on 2285072 - help with engine location.

Paul Baker

Site Donor
Reaction score
Apologies if you've already seen this post, I did originally post it in the parts section as I was really looking for the correct engine block with number 2285072 on it but have been told it was being posted in the wrong section so hence the re-post.
The engine is probably long gone but i thought it was worth asking just in case someone had the block sat there in the back of their garage. I know it's a long shot BUT does anyone have any information on 2285072 especially the whereabouts of 2285072 engine block?
It would be nice to restore the car with the correct engine and make another matching numbers car.

Thanks in advance for any info on 2285072.
Paul

jvrenaudon

Reaction score
Paul, This is a bit thin but in my early editions of CSL News (1985 to 1991) this car was down against the name of B. Whittet. An unusual name- someone might know him. Do you have any papers at all? Have you managed to identify all previous owners through the DVLA - I think it's Form 888 and a modest fee? Sorry - best I can do. Best of luck, John

Paul Baker

Site Donor
Reaction score
Paul, This is a bit thin but in my early editions of CSL News (1985 to 1991) this car was down against the name of B. Whittet. An unusual name- someone might know him. Do you have any papers at all? Have you managed to identify all previous owners through the DVLA - I think it's Form 888 and a modest fee? Sorry - best I can do. Best of luck, John
Thanks John
Yes i do have the list of previous owners from the DVLA but they only go back to 1983 although i do have some change of registration number paperwork with the name B Whittet and it's a company still trading so i will be chasing that lead up. It's probably all a waste of time but even an old photo of the car would be good.