another front strut brace post

steve in reno

Reaction score
I get the WN sales updates and have seen the polished brace for a fair price.

I have searched the forum but really don't find any reference.
Are their ANY other members that have the strut brace from WN.

I know there has been many ill fitment of OEM parts from many suppliers lately.

Last edited:

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
I get the WN sales updates and have seen the polished brace for a fair price.

I have searched the forum but really don't find any reference.
Are their ANY other members that have the strut brace from WN.

I know there has been many ill fitment of OEM parts from many suppliers lately.

Steve, a friend has the WN polished brace on his CSL ...good quality and very reasonable price ...I would have no qualms buying one but down my priority list at the moment .

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I’ll send you a pic in an hour of one installed on a car here.

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
Either way I don't think you can go wrong.

More of a case of personal preference. The rear brace is an absolute work of art.

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
I have the W&N one and perfect fit on the ( blue) CS . Also on the rally CS but there we welded the supports and only used the tube. ( due camber plates welded in )

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Are you guys running stock sway bars or upgrades? My CS is not yet roadworthy but it has a 24mm front sway-bar so I am waiting to see what's what before even thinking of a brace.

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
i see the brace in the first place as a reinforcement for the shock towers , to take away some stresses in the body plates. Not really as a performance item. But ofcourse it helps keeping the camber steady.
I wouldn't upgrade the front sway bar to much... sure if driven in rain. I see my 70' 2800CS has a 17 mm.
With stiffer suspension on the rally CS we even have no front sway bar . We could use it when dry , but have to detach it in rain.

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
Barry I think I'd agree with you on a strut brace not being a performance item, supporting modification would be more appropriate as the purpose is stopping suspension mounting points from flexing and allowing the suspension to do its job. Thus you can dial the suspension more accurately to how you want the car to react to the road instead of the cars chassis telling to you how it wants to react instead

Basically the automotive equivalent of buying your wife a fancy dinner and maybe a new pair of shoes in order to have the weekend to yourself solving problems on your coupe such as finding out what strut brace you want.

steve in reno

Reaction score
My car is getting welding done in the area and I thought it might help with the metal fatigue.
There is so much chrome on our cars, and I love it, that I thought it might be some nice USEFUL eye candy.
It also needs to be removed before most engine work.
The cost is a major player. Daddy Wads is excellent, WN is listed at 200E. But that is a daily sale and gone for now.

Thanks to all for the responses.