Another E9 on Bring-A-Trailer dot com

acat2002

Reaction score
Bring-A-Trailer dot com!
This particular feature is probably familiar to a few on this board:
http://bringatrailer.com/2008/12/12/daytona-24-hour-history-1975-imsa-bmw-35csl/

be04056c780817abfc526b1468305113.jpg

RonP

Reaction score
I showed this car today to a perspective buyer and he fell in love with it. This car may have a rising sun in it's future.

acat2002

Reaction score
sounds like the late 80s/early 90s all over again.

The economy SUCKS and all the good art ends up in Japan.

do you know if the car is not allowed to race at certain historic events because of the contemporary power upgrade?

RonP

Reaction score
do you know if the car is not allowed to race at certain historic events because of the contemporary power upgrade?

I think Phil could answer that question better than I, but I think as long as the car has a VARA log book and SCCA certification, the powerplant is okay.

Philip Slate

Reaction score
Good question acat2002. The car runs in VARA and HSR West with no problem ( I believe HMSA to be a bit stricter in which case one could just build a nice factory style 3.2 turbo which would have twice the HP). It's fun, though, playing with the big V8 guys who have 1-200hp more than TBL and trying to get/stay in front of 'em.

acat2002

Reaction score
Phillip, great car. You are a fortunate man to have had custody and raced her. Wish I had the means not only to buy her, but to keep her in the manner in which she is accustomed (raced hard). -good luck with the sale!

shanon

Reaction score
Good Luck with the sale Phil!
I hope TBL stays out here on the West Coast for future 'appearances'.

One on my best track memories is when my brother and I first met you and TBL at Willow Springs' Big Track and the ensuing 'lessons' TBL inflicted that weekend. You/TBL passing/lapping me up in the 'horseshoe' in traffic was hilarious, I've got it on video somewhere. Good Times!

...I knew I should have taken you up on your offer to take TBL out for a lap or two that day.... :cry:

If you ever need an E9 fix, I'm sure Elvis will be happy to sing ya tune!

Good Luck!

-shanon