Andrew Wilson's '73 CSi

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Received the final piece today, the flexible air intake hose, so for all intents and purposes she's done being restored.

Let driving fun begin!

Attachments

• IMG_9769.jpg
    IMG_9769.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 314

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Received the final piece today, the flexible air intake hose, so for all intents and purposes she's done being restored.

Let driving fun begin!

"Done" haha! :D

Looks amazing! Congrats on being temporarily satisfied with a beautiful piece of machinery!

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Attended a private invitation only Concours at the LANAM Club in Andover MA, took third place for best color. Won a nice bottle of Cabernet. The '55 Jaguar XK 140 won best color and best of show.

TodB, yes the 123 makes a huge difference.

Attachments

• Lanam Field.jpg
    Lanam Field.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 312

Bwana

Reaction score
Congrats on the place! Give us some more close ups.

What coil did you end up going back with, the red or the blue one? And did you get it from 123 along with the dizzy? Looks like I'm going to commit to something soon.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Not sure which coil I'm running, I do have a ballast resistor, that's where my knowledge ends. I bought the coil at Advance Auto Parts as I recall.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 221

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
Attended a private invitation only Concours at the LANAM Club in Andover MA, took third place for best color. Won a nice bottle of Cabernet. The '55 Jaguar XK 140 won best color and best of show.

TodB, yes the 123 makes a huge difference.

Andrew, I'm toying with the idea of installing the 123 into my csi...I'm curious as to the "huge difference" it makes ...can you elaborate please ?. Cheers, Simon

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My original distributor was a bit tired after 43 years of spinning, and probably all CSi are in the same boat. Athena runs smoother, is more responsive and accelerates a little faster with the correct curve offered by the switchable 123 ignition. Only one curve is available, which is fine with me, I like the set it and forget it simplicity of the system.

I also have a 123 in my 2002Tii and have driven over 6500 miles in the past month, Vern has never run better.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A few days ago I added a BMWCCA 'no space' sticker to the lower center rear window. Aside from that, I have been driving her a bit. :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_0546.jpg
    IMG_0546.jpg
    467.4 KB · Views: 226

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
A few days ago I added a BMWCCA 'no space' sticker to the lower center rear window. Aside from that, I have been driving her a bit. :cool:

You beat me to the punch. Since your wtb post, I've been keeping my eyes peeled for a physical badge for months now. Certainly difficult to come by!

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You beat me to the punch. Since your wtb post, I've been keeping my eyes peeled for a physical badge for months now. Certainly difficult to come by!

Yes the grill badges are hard to find, there are 3 "no space" styles I know about. Brass with blue paint and a roundel where Florida should be. Stamped painted steel, very rare and hard to find in good condition and cloisonné. I have all the 'modern' grill badges as well as the brass & cloisonné no space.

"No space" stickers are available from the BMW CCA Foundation, have to call and ask for them. They don't have any "no space" grill badges for sale, I've spoken to Mike Mitchell about that via e-mail and in person.

Attachments

• Grill Badges on 2002 grill 01.jpg
    Grill Badges on 2002 grill 01.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 284

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Received an inquiry to what fasteners I used on Athena's air dam. As I recall they are #10 stainless phillips head screws, stainless washers and neoprene washers all available at my local hardware store, either Lowe's or Ace Hardware.

Attachments

• IMG_3361.JPG
    IMG_3361.JPG
    334.6 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_3365.JPG
    IMG_3365.JPG
    502.1 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_3366.JPG
    IMG_3366.JPG
    517.3 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_3371.JPG
    IMG_3371.JPG
    397.5 KB · Views: 268

JensVdb

Reaction score
Andrew,

Many thanks for sharing this!

Received an inquiry to what fasteners I used on Athena's air dam. As I recall they are #10 stainless phillips head screws, stainless washers and neoprene washers all available at my local hardware store, either Lowe's or Ace Hardware.