and a not-so-cheap 2800CS!

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
If there is a new owner on the horizon, they should buy my spare Chrome Alpina Rim.
I like that Colour. Underhood looks nice and clean. Have I seen that car on Coupeking's web site?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
2270592??? Can anyone confirm? Looks very original down to the smog relays and very clean. Rear headrests though, meh.

kurtd

Site Donor
Reaction score
This car along with others from Specialty Sales were at the Palo Alto Concour today. Overall the paint is nice in Baikal blue but there are some chipping / cracking issues around the beltline time. Underhood hood appears to be the original paint.

Not shown in the pictures on their site is the trunk which has been fully trimmed with beigh carpet (same as inside) replacing the elephant skin grey vinyl. The panels on the trunk lid have been upholstered in beige and the toolkit has been painted to match. I didn't check for any $500 red handle screwdrivers ;). There is also an amp and subwoofer in the trunk.

I asked the representative if they have had any interest. He said people were looking for a 3.0 cs or csi. At $70k I don't think it's going anywhere soon.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
- Missing chrome on both side window knobs
- Misisng brake pedal rubber
- Chessy steering wheel cover
- No radio?
- Klippan seat belts
- Surface rust on hood torsion bar (I finally fixed mine so I can cast this stone...)
- US sealed beams
- Missing black side grill stickers

With that list one could negotiate the price down to a more normal 27k$ range.
Unless this is the car with the Earl of Sandwich provenance...

bubukitty

Reaction score
Please see prior posts on this car:

http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11385

Not the greatest car though not rusty. Agree with the comments below. Paint is shiny but not a good quality job as discussed in prior thread. Asking price should be substantially lower.

This car along with others from Specialty Sales were at the Palo Alto Concour today. Overall the paint is nice in Baikal blue but there are some chipping / cracking issues around the beltline time. Underhood hood appears to be the original paint.

Not shown in the pictures on their site is the trunk which has been fully trimmed with beigh carpet (same as inside) replacing the elephant skin grey vinyl. The panels on the trunk lid have been upholstered in beige and the toolkit has been painted to match. I didn't check for any $500 red handle screwdrivers ;). There is also an amp and subwoofer in the trunk.

I asked the representative if they have had any interest. He said people were looking for a 3.0 cs or csi. At $70k I don't think it's going anywhere soon.

C

Chamonix_E9

I once owned a baikal blue 2800CS with tan interior, brings back a few memories. Great color combination indeed.
Still, a lot of money for that car it seems.