Alternative to RealOEM and bmwmobiletradition-online

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
In the past year I recall someone posted a good online bmw parts lookup site that has all the same function as RealOEM without all the advertising junk.
I neglected to bookmark that better parts site. Does anyone remember it and can you post the link/name?

Thanks

John
P.S. My niece just bought an E30 as her first car (325iX coupe). I was shocked to see E30's (non-M3) going for $50k and up these days. Hope she becomes another life long CCA member.

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
In the past year I recall someone posted a good online bmw parts lookup site that has all the same function as RealOEM without all the advertising junk.
I neglected to bookmark that better parts site. Does anyone remember it and can you post the link/name?thanksJohn
ShiftOEM

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i use adblock plus, but i still get a couple of ads on real oem ... but its down by 75% since i started using it.

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
On a related note, I recall a parts search site that queried all the usual parts pages for a given PN and returned with the prices each had for that item....
I don't know if that site is still around or not - but I recall it was pretty nifty. I thought I bookmarked it, but can't find it now...
Anybody know what that site is/was? Just curious....

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have no issue with RealOEM nor Maxamillian. I do get ads - so my issue is evidently getting a proper ad blocker. I get the same ads with ShiftOEM - it is inherently no better. I suspect they all have to support their platform in this way. It is, after all, free for us to use.

Last edited:

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score
I use Opera for much of my browsing. It was the first browser to feature tabs all the way back in the 90s - revolutionary concept! It has ad blocking built in. RealOEM can be a bit glitchy at times and one or two ads still usually sneak through.

AustinOski

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Maximillian has no ads, so why use Real OEM? Is there an advantage?

I like Maximillian because I can find parts *and* buy them.