Alpina B2S Longblock Feeler

BuzzBomb

Reaction score
Just thought I'd see if someone was interested in a B2S engine, sans ancillaries. I have a longblock that I could either finish and offer to someone here or keep for some future project. The thing is, I don't have any plans for it anytime soon. The offer is for the finished shortblock, and a post '81 casting head freshly ported and chambers reshaped to match the original Hemi style head, new valvetrain components including the correct 300 degree camshaft ( I had the original cam copied and cut a new one using a new blank, not a reground cam ). If someone has interest in such a beast, I would put it on the priority list. To be clear, the block has a blank number plate and of course a later head. There is no "provenance". Photos will be taken of the internals so someone who knows what they are looking at can confirm that it's the real deal. I'd rather not ship, pickup would be in SoCal.

Last edited:

BuzzBomb

Reaction score
What are you asking for it? What has been done to the short block, is it rebuilt?
It is all in parts, ready to be assembled. As far as price, that is still an unknown, since there may be things added or left out. If someone ends up being very interested, it would be worked out after a fair amount of discussion through messaging so this doesn’t get filled with unnecessary comments from “experts “.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
it would be worked out after a fair amount of discussion through messaging so this doesn’t get filled with unnecessary comments from “experts “.

giphy.gif

BuzzBomb

Reaction score
I wish everyone took that route, instead of dropping a nonconstructive comment before leaving the way they came in.

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
I don't know why you're posting on an open forum if you're having trouble with an open discussion, however, I just came here to look at the Alpina longblock mentioned in the title, I'm sorry to say I didn't find one, but you're the expert.

BuzzBomb

Reaction score
I don't know why you're posting on an open forum if you're having trouble with an open discussion, however, I just came here to look at the Alpina longblock mentioned in the title, I'm sorry to say I didn't find one, but you're the expert.
Trouble? None that I know of. But thanks for justifying my comment about non constructive comments being left above.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It seems to me that someone selling a "longblock" would have pictures and data of the assembled item being offered. This post sounds like someone with a shelf of parts that may or may not be assembled into something more tangible. But the seller thinks that nobody is worthy of hearing or understanding anything about the "parts" (that, again, may or may not result in the title) that they feel it not necessary to share or discuss. Not the norm for this otherwise constructive forum. I am not interested in the parts, but happy to help justify the obtuse presentation.

BuzzBomb

Reaction score
It seems to me that someone selling a "longblock" would have pictures and data of the assembled item being offered. This post sounds like someone with a shelf of parts that may or may not be assembled into something more tangible. But the seller thinks that nobody is worthy of hearing or understanding anything about the "parts" (that, again, may or may not result in the title) that they feel it not necessary to share or discuss. Not the norm for this otherwise constructive forum. I am not interested in the parts, but happy to help justify the obtuse presentation.
This posting is to offer someone a finished B2 engine, not a discussion on its merits as being authentic or my abilities or anything else. Leave that to Bring A Trailer. If you are interested in buying an engine like this, let me know. If you want to have a debate about what makes something authentic or making an assumption that I have no faith in the ability of this community to have a discussion is ridiculous. Start a thread on this subject if long discussions are what you prefer in another forum besides parts for sale.

Wladek

Reaction score
This posting is to offer someone a finished B2 engine, not a discussion on its merits as being authentic or my abilities or anything else. Leave that to Bring A Trailer. If you are interested in buying an engine like this, let me know. If you want to have a debate about what makes something authentic or making an assumption that I have no faith in the ability of this community to have a discussion is ridiculous. Start a thread on this subject if long discussions are what you prefer in another forum besides parts for sale.
Maybe you need to find another forum if you want just to sell parts & f.ck everyone here.

BuzzBomb

Reaction score
Oh, but you really begged for it :)
Yup. I knew what I was in for the moment I clicked Post.
Truth is, I lose nothing having this engine. The only person losing is the one who is actually in the market to buy one, and get turned off by the bickering.

BuzzBomb

Reaction score
Public Service Announcement:
If you’re not a buyer, don’t comment in the parts for sale section. If you just want a reason to argue, there are better places for that. Also, blocking people is free. If you don’t like what you’re reading, go ahead and use that option. I’ll lose zero sleep over it, in fact we’re all better off since we won’t see that person’s posts. Free advice from an “expert”.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Not everyone is adept at posting pictures on the forum. Let's not jump down anyone's throat for their lack of internet prowess...

What I see from the responses is a reaction to both the ad itself. I believe that you are objecting to the "service for sale" in the "parts for sale section". But understand, this is no different than how La Jolla comes in here and sells thermostats for an undisclosed price, with the offer to install for an undisclosed amount. No different than Coupe King's regular posts about fenders with an unlisted price, plus installation. Think of all of the posts that VSR1 publishes for suspension parts at an unknown price, contingent upon what the customer wants to order. Oh wait, none of the vendors do that, because this is a parts for sale section, not the vendor services section. :D

Perhaps you are objecting to the implication that the forum has no Alpina/M30 experts, as @BuzzBomb implied.

Either way, let's not focus on the pictures. It's not fair.

BuzzBomb

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Not everyone is adept at posting pictures on the forum. Let's not jump down anyone's throat for their lack of internet prowess...

What I see from the responses is a reaction to both the ad itself. I believe that you are objecting to the "service for sale" in the "parts for sale section". But understand, this is no different than how La Jolla comes in here and sells thermostats for an undisclosed price, with the offer to install for an undisclosed amount. No different than Coupe King's regular posts about fenders with an unlisted price, plus installation. Think of all of the posts that VSR1 publishes for suspension parts at an unknown price, contingent upon what the customer wants to order. Oh wait, none of the vendors do that, because this is a parts for sale section, not the vendor services section. :D

Perhaps you are objecting to the implication that the forum has no Alpina/M30 experts, as @BuzzBomb implied.

Either way, let's not focus on the pictures. It's not fair.
The only reason I didn’t post pictures is because the moment I do, since the item for sale includes the word “Alpina”, the peanut gallery doors will swing open and it will become a long argument by people who are sure their opinion is more valid that anyone else about what makes something authentic and pick the item apart like its rotisserie chicken.
All I’m doing is offering something very rare for sale. If you are in a position to buy said item, let’s talk. If you want to poke things to provoke an argument from the comfort and security of your couch, great. I feel we’ve already met.

BuzzBomb

Reaction score
Anyone want a CSL racecar header? I have one and can get another made, exact copy from the Martini CSL we (re)built. Price? Expensive if I like you. Price if you like to argue? Hahaha.

5D06F071-9A2C-413B-934B-3C460FFE0B6C.jpeg

Last edited: