Aftermarket CSL parts manufacters???

tripower

Reaction score
Are there any manufacters that sell stamped aluminum CSL body panels, body kits, or any other resto parts for the CS and the CSL?

corsachili

Reaction score
Currently there are not. Given the lack of demand for such pieces it's hard to imagine anyone being able to produce a product at a reasonable price. It's that whole Adam Smith thing. The only aluminum body parts on a CSL are the trunk and decklid (and on some number of cars the doors). None of the Bats had aluminum decklids. I know that Doug van Dorsten's car has a custom fabbed decklid in aluminum as he was not able to source one.

Panel beaters are a dying breed and panel beaters that know how to beat aluminum are even more scarce. I'm facing this dilemma with my Alfa and so am just happy that I have all the proper panels for my CSL.

Philip Slate

Reaction score
There is a guy down here that knows what an English Wheel is and knows how to use it as his cars wind up in the Pebble Beach Concourse. He is way busy and probably very expensive. That being said it's "Beckman Metalworks" 949.574.2557

gpetrus

Reaction score
Re:Aftermarket Parts

Tripower, BMW still makes some parts for e9s. Try realoem.com

They still make the non aluminum cs body panels, and alot of other parts. Yet there are many they don't. Actually, I just looked, they still make the hood for a CSL for $3,100. yikes

tripower

Reaction score

They still make the non aluminum cs body panels, and alot of other parts. Yet there are many they don't. Actually, I just looked, they still make the hood for a CSL for $3,100. yikes

No kidding that is just amazing. GM stops making body parts for it's car after 15 years after the end of production, wow! Oh, and $3100 wow.

tripower

Reaction score

Could you provide an exact link to this part because I am not seeing E9 in their look up.

gpetrus

Reaction score
On the second page where it says current or archive, click archive. Then where it says 2.5- 3.0csl.

The sources listed by Rakearch also very good. Carl Nelson at La Jolla Independent has many parts and alot of knowledge about Coupes.