Advice BMW 2800 CS

stco

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am following the forum since quite a while but have not been posting actively. Since two years the E9 is in my mind and I just can not get it out.:mrgreen: I just need to have one... I have been looking for a 3.0 CSI but I have not found one which pleases my (within my budget limits). By coincidence I spotted a 2800 CS for sale. Looking at the pictures this really is a bargain so I am checking it out tomorrow.

Anything I need to look at in particular a part from rust? Brakes, gearbox,..? I have the vin number. According to the add she is from 1971. The number is one of the last ones of the serie.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 219
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 206
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 206

bmwmadman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a good 2800. Pic's look nice and complete. Look to see if it comes with a LSD diff - most did. If this is a stock car rear brakes will be drum. I'm curious about the vin as mine was in the last series as well.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Where do you live? If the car is in LA or San Diego, it might be a good idea for Coupe King Peter Sliskovich or Carl Nelson to look at it

61porsche

Reaction score
Nice

The owner obviously took care of it. The level of detail in the interior and engine compartment means someone cared well and knew what should be done from the pictures.

2800s were lighter. Racers choice before csls for modifying. Unless there's something hiding underneath, the price is right, better jump.

The car looks familiar though, white/ pearl interior- east coast?

Stefan

Reaction score
Hi, nice car!

I am sure that you will have great pleasure in driving this car in the future.
Any modern and expensive car can't compete in driving pleasure like an E9.

Where in Europe stco, Denmark or Benelux? A wild guess according to to minor views of nature and buildings.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
The owner obviously took care of it. The level of detail in the interior and engine compartment means someone cared well and knew what should be done from the pictures.

2800s were lighter. Racers choice before csls for modifying. Unless there's something hiding underneath, the price is right, better jump.

The car looks familiar though, white/ pearl interior- east coast?

yeah

i agree with the detail level showed in the engine compartment, that says a lot about the owner

congratulations

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Another plus. No employee of the US govt had been anywhere near this lovely coupe. The lack of those charming side reflectors that we(americans) put on little aluminum posts at the foot of our driveways(not mine) is always a good sign.

Go for it!

Steve

E9Wayne

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Deja vu?

Wow, except for the fender and hood vents being black, this looks close to my 73' CS. Not many Lotus White interiors around that I've seen.

Attachments

• IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0011.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 111

stco

Reaction score
I bought the car here in Belgium but it was imported from the Netherlands half a year ago. As you can see it has had some restoration done on the intererior. I am trying to get in contact with the Dutch owner to get to know some more about the car.

I am collecting her next weekend so I will be able to have a closer look on certain details.

stco

Reaction score
Both nice CS's guys :o

The black fenders are indeed a bit strange and these will be replaced.