Absolutely screwed by Ebay...

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
A lot of you know that my day job is working at a wrecking yard buying salvage and private party vehicles every day. Among other responsibilities (website development, process management) I got our company to sell parts on eBay. Doesn't sound like a big deal but it's a very complex process to get product into our inventory system and then onto eBay via that system and abide by all of Ebay's rules. Its a necessary evil to compete in today's market.

Then comes last Friday... We get a notification through our eBay account that our account has been suspended and all of our current auctions have been ended! WTF? Sure enough, no auctions. We had almost 8000 auctions live totaling almost $2 million dollars worth of parts. Gone! Within a few hours eBay confessed that there was a "glitch" and that they apologized for the mistake. But it gets better (worse), we can't just relist all of the auctions is mass because the link needs to be created through our inventory system to create a work order immediately if a parts is sold, so we relist one at a time. Needless to say we're a little busy today spending time on crap we shouldn't have to.

Thanks eBay!

(Venting) With the Copart and eBay's of the world it feels like the giant corporations are getting worse and worse about caring about their customers. We feel bent over all the time dealing with Copart and when you call eBay any human you talk to basically says that the computer runs the show and they can't do anything to help us. Scary stuff.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Crap, did they at least cut you a break on ebay fees?

Totally sux. WHat a way to start the year.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
A lot of you know that my day job is working at a wrecking yard buying salvage and private party vehicles every day. Among other responsibilities (website development, process management) I got our company to sell parts on eBay. Doesn't sound like a big deal but it's a very complex process to get product into our inventory system and then onto eBay via that system and abide by all of Ebay's rules. Its a necessary evil to compete in today's market.

Then comes last Friday... We get a notification through our eBay account that our account has been suspended and all of our current auctions have been ended! WTF? Sure enough, no auctions. We had almost 8000 auctions live totaling almost $2 million dollars worth of parts. Gone! Within a few hours eBay confessed that there was a "glitch" and that they apologized for the mistake. But it gets better (worse), we can't just relist all of the auctions is mass because the link needs to be created through our inventory system to create a work order immediately if a parts is sold, so we relist one at a time. Needless to say we're a little busy today spending time on crap we shouldn't have to.

Thanks eBay!

(Venting) With the Copart and eBay's of the world it feels like the giant corporations are getting worse and worse about caring about their customers. We feel bent over all the time dealing with Copart and when you call eBay any human you talk to basically says that the computer runs the show and they can't do anything to help us. Scary stuff.

obviously i can not do anything, but i fully understand you, your case is much worse, but photobutchers screwed me too
my best wishes

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
How about a facebook store with a shopify web site?

Shameless FB employee plug alert!

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
How about a facebook store with a shopify web site?

Shameless FB employee plug alert!

We would consider any new market but the problem is that our inventory system has to be the driving force behind sales. Our system has an eBay module that allows it to create eBay auctions locally and then upload to eBay and create the live auction. It has to be done this way to keep the linkage between transactions. If we sell a part over the counter is kills the eBay auction and if we sell a part on eBay it creates a work order and takes the part out of inventory so it doesn't get sold twice. Unfortunately, the company that sells the inventory system won't spend resources to add more "modules" like eBay's.