A set of wheels on BaT... With an E9 history.... (In BC, Canada)

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
img_4279-85789.jpeg

No affiliation - Just in case anyone is interested.....

5280JB

Reaction score
I am bidding on this set - looking to reunite these wheels with the white E9 that they were originally on, which I now own. We'll see how things go!

Jim

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I am a fan of 15" wheels on a coupe. I like the fatter sidewall, which I think is more in keeping with the original design of the vehicle, and as compared to larger wheels they transmit less road harshness to the chassis.

20221105_092253.jpg

Here is a comparison of the three most common sizes. My car on left has 15" wheels. Tom Baruch in the middle has 16" wheels, and Steve Armstrong on the right has 14" wheels.

20211104_135232.jpg

5280JB

Reaction score
Thanks Chris (@Omess) for the comparison pics - great to see all in one pic. What size tire are you running on that set of 15"s? 205/60's?

Jim

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Jim - yes 205/60s. I have Toyo Versado Noirs on the car now, but they are no longer available. Not sure what I'm going to replace them with. I'm looking at the Michelin Primacy 3 Vintage, which would be a solid (but boring) option at roughly $150 each. Pirelli Cinturato 36s are also available in 215/60 R15 and as you can see from the picture of Steve's car above, those look great, but they are more than three times the price of the Michelins.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
There is also a BF Goodrich tire option, and I'm told that the tread design is actually an older Michelin design. The only downside is that they have white lettering on the sidewalls, so you have to mount them with the white lettering on the inside. I think Stan Chamallas is running these on his "Great White" coupe.

Pittraider18

Reaction score

Here is a link to another set of these since I see the price getting up there.

Even cheaper is you buy thru Yahoo auctions Japan and use a proxy shipper like Jesse Streeter via email and have him ship them stateside for a refresh.

5280JB

Reaction score
I was high bidder on these wheels and plan to mount them back on the E9 - this is the same set of BBS wheels the second owner ran on this car from about 1996 until 2014. I'll post an update pic once they're on the car.

In the mean time - here's a pic of the car wearing these wheels in 2008 (or at least that's when I first saw pics of it and the "I'd really like to own this car someday" journey began).

3.0 White 1.jpg

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I am not normally a fan of these wheels on E9's, but I must say that they do look good on your car. And they will once again. :)