a couple headliner questions

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a 72' with manual sunroof

I might be re-redoing it

Without pulling it down, is the panel that the liner glues to flat or is it formed?
Does any one have a really good one to sell? The panel that the liner glues to

What is the best, most similar, to OEM for the liner? Don't say SMS

Thanks, Mark

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
Hi Mark, if you're referring to the panel at the rear of the sunroof, it's formed
In respect of headliner , I recently used a material from Spradling International ( Polaris 1619 )....I am very happy with it but it is a bit thicker than OEM so you will probably need to gently prise open the aluminium pinchwelds on the side windows (especially the rear near "C" pillar where the material is folded ). Good luck , Simon

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
SMS IN OREGON NOTHING BETTER.
DAMN NEAR EXACT AND ONLY 80 BUCKS FOR THE WHOLE THING
IF YOUR TALKING BOUT THE SUNROOF PART
ITS AN ALUM FRAME AND YOU GLUE THE EDGES AND WRAP AROUND I HAVE PICS

Attachments

• IMG_9486.JPG
    IMG_9486.JPG
    222.2 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_9487.JPG
    IMG_9487.JPG
    214.9 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_9488.JPG
    IMG_9488.JPG
    184.4 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_9489.JPG
    IMG_9489.JPG
    228.6 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_9491.JPG
    IMG_9491.JPG
    209.8 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_9492.JPG
    IMG_9492.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 219

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
thanks, the part I was asking about is the fiber board that the headliner material is glued to
I think mine has wrapped

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
thanks, the part I was asking about is the fiber board that the headliner material is glued to
I think mine has wrapped

typo ?...I assume you mean "warped "? ...mine was a bit misformed too but my trimmer put some "back bracing " in to alleviate one of of the "dips" . If it's bad, a good trimmer can probably make one from scratch but will not be cheap as the board is formed down to the "C" pillars . . Be aware that if the board is not very good the the headliner will probably look shite given it's glued direct ( save for a thin layer of foam in between )

Alice Couper

Site Donor $
Reaction score
SMS IN OREGON NOTHING BETTER.
DAMN NEAR EXACT AND ONLY 80 BUCKS FOR THE WHOLE THING
IF YOUR TALKING BOUT THE SUNROOF PART
ITS AN ALUM FRAME AND YOU GLUE THE EDGES AND WRAP AROUND I HAVE PICS
What material did you use between the headliner fabric and the ceiling, as shown in the photos? Is is a soundproofing or a heat shield, or just a foam insert?

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes I meant warped, it looked good before the headliner was installed, at least I think I would have noticed
Now there is a bulge new the edge on one side
I think maybe the glue caused it to warp

Probably hard to find, I am looking for a replacement fiber board

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
Did you buy this directly from them?
https://spradlingvinyl.com/ ?

Hi Mark, if you're referring to the panel at the rear of the sunroof, it's formed
In respect of headliner , I recently used a material from Spradling International ( Polaris 1619 )....I am very happy with it but it is a bit thicker than OEM so you will probably need to gently prise open the aluminium pinchwelds on the side windows (especially the rear near "C" pillar where the material is folded ). Good luck , Simon

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
Did you buy this directly from them?
https://spradlingvinyl.com/ ?

....hmmm , well here's the thing Mark, I was quoted some pretty fancy figures from US vendors for what I believe is the product I bought . Long story short ( ish ), a supplier in Victoria said he could source after a Singapore agent I contacted said the minimum order was 60 metres (!). Suffice to say i went with the the guy in Victoria ( other side of OZ for those who didn't pay attention in Geography at school ) . I ordered 6 metres ( for two cars ) and it was delivered to my door for about US$ 220. ...keep in mind it was shipped from USA, via Victoria to Perth and the guy presumably still made money. . So, i guess if you buy from Spradling which is in your own backyard it will be even cheaper .