79 320i For Sale

Bez

Site Donor
Reaction score
Dude. Where are my blue plates?

Pics show unused registration stickers from the early 80s but the current plate is from 2010. Call in the detectives

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The Blue Plates were vanity plates, LUTROO, you can read it on one of the registration papers. If anyone is interested contact me.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Nice car but it looks like the bumpers weigh as much as the rest of the car - thanks DOT.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ah memories

I was fresh out of college and really wanted a new 2002tii. Alas I graduated in 1977.
I could have bought a used tii, but I really wanted my first new car so a topazbrun 320i with tan leatherette, sunroof, no AC was the ticket for me!

In 1977 when my 320i was about 2 month old, I was coming up 95 to MA from RI where the decreasing radius turn transitions to 95/128north. I was pretty full of myself, new BMW, good paying job, pretty girl, going way too fast with my girl in the passenger seat. The tires were screaming as i got half way through the turn but we came out the other side. My hair may have started to turn white that night. Later at a CCA meeting I was told that the car was at 95% of its capacity and I was at 125% of mine!

The girl married me anyway, I think my hair started turning white that night...

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Nice story Stan, was your hair topazbrun then?

Anyway, this 320i looks great. Does not include the pretty girl though. Is this the model with the infamous thermal reactors?

TodB

Reaction score
...decreasing radius turn transitions to 95/128north
I live about 5 miles from there. I spun, or it was more of a drift gone too far, in my 5 series a couple of years ago on that exact turn on my way to a track day. Not a good omen to start that day!

wkohler

Site Donor
Reaction score
It is a really nice car. A very honest example. It's amazing to see things on that E21 that are even in poor shape on cars that have been well cared for. I've seen it in person and it's just about as clean underneath as it is on top! Very exciting seeing that uncovered after all these years.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Everyone in the Ma area knows that spot. I think I am deaf in my right ear from hearing my new bride scream as we entered that turn.

My first, 81 320i. Loved the look, could care if it was a slug or the AC was only for show.

syrahnoir

Reaction score
Too funny, I spun my first car there (82 Saab 900) on my way from Jamestown RI to Milton MA, it was the second incident of the day, I had pushed the car around a similar curve while merging on to 95, the back end broke loose at that point. In my wisdom I decided to really push the envelope as I left 95 for 128. The Officer offered to smack me to start our conversation. Well Deserved.