75 csa in fla is on ebay again!!!!

sirshorty

Reaction score
looks like the deal did not go through. back on with a buy it now for 33k. maybe they had a shill bidding it up the last two times and the shill won both auctions?

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
Chris-These cars that get relisted because buyers walk away...where is the negative feedback for the seller? The car comes back on the market, seller still has 100% feedback...it doesn't add up. Plus, the bid means you buy the car, not schedule an inspection and decide later. If a deal doesn't happen then someone is in trouble.

And someone dumb enough to buy one of these cars sight unseen at $25K suddenly gets smart when they see the car?

There are a lot of sellers using ebay for advertising and making deals outside the site, listing over and over at "no reserve" and waiting for the buyer willing to pay what they really want.

If folks enjoy watching, that's fine but don't think it's really a 7 day auction and that's it.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Buyer can complain to eBay that is was misrepresented and not complete the purchase. However, buyer can't leave feedback, he didn't buy anything.

And I think buyers are dumb enough to buy sight unseen, it happens, I did this nine years ago and got lucky!

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
Well, put me in that club too. I thought I would get outbid but I won the auction. Then I had to explain it to my wife!

The car has issues but I didn't pay too much, and it's turned out to be a lot of fun.

jamesw

Reaction score
Auctions on Ebaymotors are not binding like they are on the rest of Ebay - read the "fine print."

I have sold a lot of things on Ebay and I wouldn't just attribute it to a "bad seller." I have had LOTS of bad buyers that never pay up and I've been stuck paying to re-list the item. I'm sure it happens even w/ expensive cars.

Cheers
James

Doonerjax

Reaction score
3.0 cs in Jax

Went and looked at car today. Rough. Shock towers repaired but not well. Dash and wood trim bad. Dash stitched together. Seats redone in vinyl. Missing toolkit. Carpet replaced with non period carpet. Runs good at idle. Price more like 15-20k max.

Muldoon
2011 750Li Individual