74 CS in SF

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
looks pretty nice. if it checks out, it could be a good value. somebody interested should have it taken to our friend SFDon to be thoroughly checked out.

Dohn

Reaction score
A '74 that still has the elephant skin wheel well covers! Someone has taken care when using the trunk. Great paint; nasty engine compartment and seats. Looks like a good start on a having a great car. Would like to see some undercarriage photos; hoping they look more like the body than the engine...

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Lorelei is in that 'select' group with intact elephant skin wheel well covers. Don't see it very often.

Gary
My trunk with original everything was a C- My magician upholsterer spent two + hours and transformed it into an
A- in my opinion at least. New carpet, a tool box formed from three donors so NO broken tabs etc. and I would live back there if I had to.

ElDoc

Reaction score
It is black an original color on E9?? In all those 25 years following the E9´s I have seen only 3 or 4 in black

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Dawydiak has some sketchy cars occasionally. I'd look at anything they would be selling very closely...

pat cooks

Reaction score
I had a 1975 3.0Csia UK car in factory black, very rare, looked nice with good chrome, I checked it out because I thought it was a repaint,

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have some of the ' new made ' wheel covers if you are interested, they are not like the originals, better than nothing
Mark--Send me a PM with details. Almost nothing on my car is original,so they will be better than nothing.

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Drew,

I suspect the rear wheel well covers on Lorelei were either installed with the first restoration (to full '74 stock condition) in1974, or in the Modification to '74 Euro appearance in 1982-3. Condition is too good to have been originals considering her life as a competitive rally car from ~81-84. Mark99 is the first and only source for these I've heard of or seen in the past 4 1/2 years. GREAT JOB Mark,

Gary,

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
Drew,

I suspect the rear wheel well covers on Lorelei were either installed with the first restoration (to full '74 stock condition) in1974, or in the Modification to '74 Euro appearance in 1982-3. Condition is too good to have been originals considering her life as a competitive rally car from ~81-84. Mark99 is the first and only source for these I've heard of or seen in the past 4 1/2 years. GREAT JOB Mark,

Gary,
Drew, Gary,
I am not a source for these! other than the one set of "new" BMW Classic ones I have for sale
A few years ago BMW Classic made these, but they are not like the originals
The originals are molded, the remade ones are vinyl sewn up
I bought them from a BMW dealer
I bought them when they were available, I was afraid mine would break when I removed them to have the car painted, but I got them out fine
So these are for sale, I have a few other 'left overs', I was not listing them until I was done with the car, but someone brought these covers up

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I helped Stan install the replacement covers and the fit was a bit sloppy but we made them work. You have to open the holes for the trunk rods and such, no big deal. You can always paint them if they don’t match.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a set of originals to sell. I thoroughly cleaned them but I need to spray them with SEM. Another thing I should keep but I need fund the madness. I haven’t listed them because they won’t be cheap and I don’t like to be opportunistic with parts.