73 CS ebay

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
interesting.
And I quote: "50k original miles low mileage car." Look carefully at the enlarged photos. Now carefully and slowly, read aloud moving your lips recite the description. This car has been around the world a few times and not well cared for. Who does all this necessary and unnecessary stuff to a 50k car?

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
And I quote: "50k original miles low mileage car." Look carefully at the enlarged photos. Now carefully and slowly, read aloud moving your lips recite the description. This car has been around the world a few times and not well cared for. Who does all this necessary and unnecessary stuff to a 50k car?
Saw this one today. It is a deep non-BMW blue over at least two more colors. Probably has an honest 50k miles but they were hard miles and there is visible rust on the passenger fender popping through. Engine is strong, transmission tight. Extra parts come with it.

for more details if you want. [email protected]

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Saw this one today. It is a deep non-BMW blue over at least two more colors. Probably has an honest 50k miles but they were hard miles and there is visible rust on the passenger fender popping through. Engine is strong, transmission tight. Extra parts come with it.

for more details if you want. [email protected]

What's your opinion on asking price? IMHO, $22.5k is reasonable, but I could be wrong.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
What's your opinion on asking price? IMHO, $22.5k is reasonable, but I could be wrong.
My best estimate is $18-20k max. The usual warning pipes up here, "who knows what lurks below(or in the hearts of men), even the Shadow doesn't."

And this one is a lurker.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
And the passenger shock town is toast, about that tensile strength by now. But there is a perfect took kit with many original tools.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
And the passenger shock town is toast, about that tensile strength by now. But there is a perfect took kit with many original tools.

There a picture of that?

Couldn't tell from this picture:

s-l1600.jpg

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There a picture of that?

Couldn't tell from this picture:

s-l1600.jpg
It's the one in the foreground that you can't see much of. And an original 2002 washer tank in perfect condition, no yellowing. Overspray on the wiper motor. Always a good sign of quality work and attention to detail.

coupeguy

Site Donor
Reaction score
It's the one in the foreground that you can't see much of. And an original 2002 washer tank in perfect condition, no yellowing. Overspray on the wiper motor. Always a good sign of quality work and attention to detail.
Seller tells me he is going to store it over the winter and restore it in the spring, then asking in the $50k range. He must have some very cheap sources of restoration work, or is doing it himself given all that needs to be done.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Seller tells me he is going to store it over the winter and restore it in the spring, then asking in the $50k range. He must have some very cheap sources of restoration work, or is doing it himself given all that needs to be done.
Or he is in for a big surprise :eek: