73 CS ebay

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
why would one go inboard fuel filler ?????
he forgot to mention 50k miles "odo reading" :)
seems further OK.. sure if bidding doesn't go up much.....

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Located outside Philadelphia.

I've put 65K miles on Athena in 7 years and my seats look better than that.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have trouble getting my arms around the fuel door delete. It does add a sleek detail to the right rear quarter, but I am not sure how much visual value one would get out of that. That's my opinion, anyway. I also wonder what documentation there is to prove the 50k original miles. The interior would suggest the odo has turned over once or twice in the past 45 years. But heck, it is a sharp car - if it's solid, the value is there.

Sean-e9

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have trouble getting my arms around the fuel door delete. It does add a sleek detail to the right rear quarter, but I am not sure how much visual value one would get out of that. That's my opinion, anyway. I also wonder what documentation there is to prove the 50k original miles. The interior would suggest the odo has turned over once or twice in the past 45 years. But heck, it is a sharp car - if it's solid, the value is there.

My guess is that it was rusty and it was easier to delete it by replacing it with flat sheet metal than repairing it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It's like the optional speaker delete. For me there is something missing. It does not look right to me.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
no idea, but if you went to the trouble of filling the exterior fender ... why would you leave the hole inside the trunk?

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I like it. Better fuel door removed than keeping ugly side marker lights

Looks pretty solid. Polaris engine compartment?

No pics of the rust spot

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
too bad it is an investment and not something you can drive and enjoy...
Ha ha - yeah right.
As I mentioned earlier, this looks like a reasonably solid car. I don't want to knock it down or nit pick it. But I just read through the entire description again and looked through the photos. It just doesn't look like something most would describe as an "investment quality car". That's not to say that I don't think it is a worthy investment - I do. But I am having trouble reading that it has been cared for and is now being offered as such. That doesn't seem consistent with the car's presented condition and list of repairs/upgrades. I'll chalk it up to semantics. I wish the seller good luck with the auction, and think the next owner will likely enjoy the car.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I read that description as a flipper being honest about flipping. Flippers gonna flip!

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I don't think that paint is nearly as nice as it's showing in the photos.

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
strange a 50k miles coupe already needs new steering linkage..... ? or perhaps they hoped to resolve the play which is in the box....

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I always find it better to run an auction with a low starting price and use a reserve, that way you at least get to see what people think it's worth. A high starting price doesn't help you with value if you don't get any bids, unless of course people contact you on the side with offers.