73 Bring a Trailor 3.0csi

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looks like a decent CSi, if I were selling this particular one I would have replaced the hood insulation as that looks pretty ratty.

My estimate is $53K

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like a decent CSi, if I were selling this particular one I would have replaced the hood insulation as that looks pretty ratty./QUOTE]

Yes, there is even a chuck that has fallen off down onto the drivers side front shock tower that you would think they would have removed before taking any photos along with centering the rear window trim over the gap. Overall looks very nice.

Jacquescs

Reaction score
Clean, original and correct! (Okay....cyl head and gearbox....but that is peanuts to bring back in original ;))

This is a true survivor and not a so called “Top restored” car with tons of filler and hundred of welded metall post stamps underneath :)
Like it in every way and should bring 75-85k

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by "survivor":

The body was stripped to bare metal and the front fenders, outer rocker panels, and lower rear quarters were replaced with new items

Awesome nonetheless.

Ya, just needs hood insulation and redo the top dash pad. Maybe the wood inside if you're picky.

Too bad no photos of the restoration.

Rust bubbling up on the inner fenders is concerning:

152710580276ef4a7ecfaCoupe-Photo-74.jpg

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like a decent CSi, if I were selling this particular one I would have replaced the hood insulation as that looks pretty ratty.

My estimate is $53K

If I owned this car I think my feelings would be hurt if someone described it as “decent”. :(

Agreed. It no way shape or form is this is a survivor car...

scottd

Reaction score
Rust bubbling is very disappointing after so much metal work.

Scott

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I've seen rust bubbling up on very recently-restored cars. All has to do w/the prep.

Blast, etch prime, epoxy prime, paint w/lots of time in between.

Jacquescs

Reaction score

The body was stripped to bare metal and the front fenders, outer rocker panels, and lower rear quarters were replaced with new items

Awesome nonetheless.

Ya, just needs hood insulation and redo the top dash pad. Maybe the wood inside if you're picky.

Too bad no photos of the restoration.

Rust bubbling up on the inner fenders is concerning:

152710580276ef4a7ecfaCoupe-Photo-74.jpg
Oeps!! I did see only small sized pictures before...
The inner fenders do have some serious isues!!
I have to reset my comment i gave before....

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
spot welds on inner fenders don't look factory. If you're going to do it, do it right I say.

I like the way say, these spot welds look:

1520741935ff9f98764daP1090896_zps1eajzpbu.jpg

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
spot welds on inner fenders don't look factory. If you're going to do it, do it right I say.

This reminds me of a friend that flips salvage on the side from time to time. Him and his whole family were taught the trade by their dad and they all know their stuff. I remember a late model Ford that he fixed and welded a panel on instead of spot weld (didn't have the right one) but went back over the cleaned up welds with a thin layer of filler and created fake spot welds. Looked completely factory and no way to tell that they weren't real. That car was clean title and the local Ford dealership checked it out for a possible purchase. They inspected it top and bottom and he showed them the photos of the damaged car but in the end they passed on it just because they knew the history. He sold it to a private party and everyone was happy.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It’s possible
Like winning the Powerball is possible or more like you've seen enough CSI's with white leather interior that looked factory floating around over the years that it's possible? It looks good on a couple coupes I have seen for the most part but for some reason doesn't have a factory look to me..... looks out of place....especially on the door cards, ash tray, and arm rest........but that doesn't mean anything. Just curious, talk about it more Sunday perhaps....

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Should the inner fender rust be a deal breaker necessarily ?

I think that “rust bubbling” is a bit of a stretch. The fender design is terrible with that water damn and no with no exit path. It looks more like peeling paint and superficial surface rust to me.

08862BC0-ADB4-4FB8-9730-04835D9D73B0.jpeg