73 BAT Black

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looks a little rough to me. New leather interior? How do get 3.2l from a head gasket and pistons? It came with flat tops originally, it’s a US stick.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I don’t see a market for it from thisnforum. Hopefully we will gain a new member with an interesting new perspective.

I think that there is far too much filler left on that car before paint to claim “rust free”. However, it doesn’t really matter if the car is dry and structurally sound IMO.

The car looks 80% done IMO. Obviously emphasis was placed on the drivetrain and exterior. A buyer with attention to detail can spruce up the cabin in trunk with just a little cash and some elbow grease.

The seats look original to me. My black leather seats are in very similar condition. It is almost as if the black leather was thicker and less pliable than other colors. My cracked/flaking/beat down factory blue leather seats look much less sloppy than my black seats. In fact I sold the black rears in favor of dyeing the blue seats instead.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I don’t see a market for it from thisnforum. Hopefully we will gain a new member with an interesting new perspective.

I think that there is far too much filler left on that car before paint to claim “rust free”. However, it doesn’t really matter if the car is dry and structurally sound IMO.

The car looks 80% done IMO. Obviously emphasis was placed on the drivetrain and exterior. A buyer with attention to detail can spruce up the cabin in trunk with just a little cash and some elbow grease.

The seats look original to me. My black leather seats are in very similar condition. It is almost as if the black leather was thicker and less pliable than other colors. My cracked/flaking/beat down factory blue leather seats look much less sloppy than my black seats. In fact I sold the black rears in favor of dyeing the blue seats instead.
Markos, my around-the-block tan leather seats, now dyed black to go with my Polaris, have only one tear in the driver's left side bolster. They are like new,well sort of, otherwise.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Markos, my around-the-block tan leather seats, now dyed black to go with my Polaris, have only one tear in the driver's left side bolster. They are like new,well sort of, otherwise.

Tan leather was pigskin right? Your observation doesn’t necessarily enforce my point but it doesn’t hurt it either. I’m curious if anyone else thinks that the black seat leather is different.

restart

Reaction score
Where is the forum thread on the car? It was mentioned on BaT
Is the exhaust welded to the subframe?

70A290C9-409B-4282-8847-DB7327A1315D.png

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Markos and Company. We await your list of the 100 things right and wrong with this car. Please.

I’m not that guy. I like it a lot save for the cow catcher. It is too customized to list off the things that deviate from factory. Looks more like a “what you see is what you get” car.

uwulff

Reaction score
Didn't have many options for big brake kit, lot bigger rotor but pads do not cover full sweep. I will tell you they work 80% better than stock, made the car safer to drive at speed. New owner got the body up to a high standard . The 17 years I owned her never had a rust bubble on exterior of car, the lacquer just cracked and faded.

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yes, I agree the reason makes sense. I did that exact same thing on my Porsche 928 track car, putting rotors from a GTS on the S4, maintaining the OE calipers. But I was still able to use 85-90% of the rotor face, not about 50-60% as shown in the picture. .

uwulff

Reaction score
Looks a little rough to me. New leather interior? How do get 3.2l from a head gasket and pistons? It came with flat tops originally, it’s a US stick.
To get 3.2 litres from 3.0 engine .

To make a turbo work well on a stock engine you start by lowering the compression to 7.2

This can be done by installing different piston and going with a special head gasket, the one I used was a { COMETIC MLS (Multi-Layer Steel) Head Gaskets provide maximum sealing ] witch is 120 th inch thick .