'72 in Quebec

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thank-you for posting this. I have been looking for this car as I have been eating myself for not buying it earlier this year, but maybe per the attached threads that is best so. This car was listed on Auto Trader Classic in May this year, when I found it. I had just purchased mine and then came across this being listed in PA and despite having bought mine thought this was a good deal at $25k asking. I was set to call the guy with the view to go look at it with trailer in tow and checkbook, but then the ad vanished. I have regretted it to this day because as a driver it presents well on the pictures at least. But now we are at US$35k and for that I would rather pursue the build on mine. Despite the negatives stated in the threads, I think at $25k asking it was still a good deal. The Classic Auto Trader ad had pics of the underside which were ok (minor rust only) and there was a larger bubble on the fender below the crease. That said, not having seen the car in person, everything looks better in pictures!

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
Now also on eBay. Interesting that the interior has the 'look' of a '74 or '75 (seats, steering wheel).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E-3-0-C...c600dcd5:g:hlgAAOSwZJBX~TtE&item=162235735253

Indeed the horizontal versus vertical stitch is not in keeping with the year right. Interesting to see it on eBay with a Buy-it-Now of 33k. I wonder what they got it for considering I came across it being sold for $25k. At the $25k it was certainly a better proposition. There are better deals at the mid-thirty mark I believe in the current market.

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
And back on Ebay again at the same price... http://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-BMW-Ot...c8c2aa54:g:IcsAAOSwcUBYK2WW&item=162281990740

Nice car and certainly a reasonable deal, but I think there is more rust lurking than immediately visible, especially looking at the underside. Would be a good driver for at 5-10 but after that will likely need the body work done correctly. But my comment stands that when I saw it at 25k it was a far more reasonable proposition.