72' 3.0 CS for sale

csmanny

Reaction score
Selling my coupe due to not having time to care for it anymore. Body is in very good condition for full restoration, needs very minor bodywork and paint to your desired color. All mechanical items are in restored or upgraded condition; 5 speed manual conversion, rebuilt drive shaft, Carl N. lowering springs, all new front suspension ball joints/bushings, upgraded anti-sway bars front and rear, LSD. 3.5L with re-jetted zenith carbs.
Must see if you are in the market for a "project" coupe that has a solid foundation to start from will appreciate in value/enjoyment...I have it posted in CL, https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/6212268017.html

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I've known the seller for a number of years- nice guy.
He has described the car properly.

csmanny

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words sfDon! I'm sure all interested potential buyers are concerned about the prone "RUST" areas, and want pictures....I can provide them, but if you are REALLY in the market for a solid "project" with GOOD BONES to start with this is one of the best ones. (pictures will not truly show the concerns) Best way is to come look for yourself (if you know what/where to look) or hire a professional to survey for you... PM me if you want more info. and will try to reply asap.

Thanks

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
Forums are a great mechanism for establishing trust and characters in what is a small community. A day after Manny posted his E9 for sale we agreed on a price and I offered to immediately send a $500 deposit via Paypal to reinforce my commitment to buy his car during the phone call. He preferred a check and then increased his deposit requirement to $4500, to which I agreed. I originally asked if the car was capable of being driven back to Indiana as I was going to make a road trip of it and discussed this with Manny who suggested trucking the car would be better. I then opted to arrange transport and by Friday had acquired the funds for the deal and had transport locked in to suit Manny after work. Throughout the entire time I was in contact with Manny and even Friday evening he confirmed that he would be putting the car away ready for collection.

All this sounds good until Saturday I get a text... not a call... to advise that the deal was off. Despite efforts to call, Manny would not take my call nor respond to my texts. It is clear that this character is leaving the E9 community and I would warn others of his ethics. Even if as a seller there are better offers either financially or for convenience on the table, at least work with the original party. I pride myself in how I communicate with people and respect their time having hobbied with Automobiles for over a couple decades. I spent extensive time making arrangements and am for this experience am $700 out of pocket for transport deposit and securing a short term loan... all based on a verbal agreement. Manny did finally take my call and was rude and asserting that I wasted my own time. If any of you cross paths with Manny Rubio, let this be an account of what happened to me.

ccr2002

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That sucks. Same thing happened to me with a guy in Seattle with a Sahara 2800CS who backed out by email the night before my flight with a truck lined up to haul extra parts back.

The silver lining is that I then found my original Ceylon the next year and still had faith in this e9 community mailed a check without seeing the car besides a few pics. It worked out. May the same happen for you soon.

Chuck

csmanny

Reaction score
To all on this forum, below is my last explanation to Roland. Also to clarify his statement the $4500 deposit..it was never sent, due to his lack of funds. Roland stop acting like a Bitch! and Man Up you spoiled ass!
The coupe is SOLD! To a deserving new Owner in CALIFORNIA. He came looked at the car closely offered the asking price (which I feel was a very fair market value) had "Cash on Hand" . No drama!
I've enjoyed my coupe since 2001 and been a forum member when it was still managed in Road Fly" and have met a lot of wonderful coupe owners
Enough said.....Peace Out.....

"Your too late, I tried to work with you but you could not come up with the funds in time and like I said before, the arrangement you came up with was not adequate, and I would have had to take time off of work to accommodate, and also wait for you a second time to arrange to get the remainder of the big items (at an undetermined date). So again as I said before I made a business decision to simplify the sale of this vehicle by voiding this arrangement. The costs that you incurred are your cost by the decisions you made, which I'm sorry you made. For example, a prospective buyer drove here from 600miles away and tried to low ball me, so he waisted his time and money. Along with my time (Example similar to your situation)
With all that said Roland, I'm sorry this sale did not pan out, I read my statements on the forum and on CL, describing the car and my suggested means of sale...I was spot on. I hope next time you have all your funds ready and most of all find what your looking for."

CSManny

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
To all on this forum, below is my last explanation to Roland. Also to clarify his statement the $4500 deposit..it was never sent, due to his lack of funds. Roland stop acting like a Bitch! and Man Up you spoiled ass!
The coupe is SOLD! To a deserving new Owner in CALIFORNIA. He came looked at the car closely offered the asking price (which I feel was a very fair market value) had "Cash on Hand" . No drama!
I've enjoyed my coupe since 2001 and been a forum member when it was still managed in Road Fly" and have met a lot of wonderful coupe owners
Enough said.....Peace Out.....

"Your too late, I tried to work with you but you could not come up with the funds in time and like I said before, the arrangement you came up with was not adequate, and I would have had to take time off of work to accommodate, and also wait for you a second time to arrange to get the remainder of the big items (at an undetermined date). So again as I said before I made a business decision to simplify the sale of this vehicle by voiding this arrangement. The costs that you incurred are your cost by the decisions you made, which I'm sorry you made. For example, a prospective buyer drove here from 600miles away and tried to low ball me, so he waisted his time and money. Along with my time (Example similar to your situation)
With all that said Roland, I'm sorry this sale did not pan out, I read my statements on the forum and on CL, describing the car and my suggested means of sale...I was spot on. I hope next time you have all your funds ready and most of all find what your looking for."

CSManny

I think the way you have spoken in the opening paragraphs shows how you treat people and conduct in business. At all times my communication and timeline was clear. Given your statement regarding funding, I feel a need to state here for the record, as I did to you, that the $4500 deposit was fine at all times but as advised to you was arranging a full payment to get it all done at once. I advised that I had just purchased an E24 the week prior so did not have the liquidity and was simply sorting that out. Manny, you declined to accept IMMEDIATE PayPal deposit payment. That is on you. I was serious from the start and you could have insisted that all the parts be moved immediately but you were fine to move the motor later. We could have increased that paypal payment to the $4500 but you wanted a check. I kept every part of my word and did indeed sort the balance of funding by the week's end. I made the decision to arrange short term funding based upon an agreement of 14,500 versus your 15,500 asking... not a hope that you accept a low-ball offer. Further, after you suggested that you were looking for a more convenient local deal, I offered to fly out this Tuesday and hand you the cash and be there to load up the car myself. You never responded. You never gave me the opportunity. That is not a business decision. That is a question of ethics.

What is done is done and I have an account of all communication via text. If we wanted to take it further I have the evidence of an agreed deal but I will not waste more time on this. If you state more untruths I will post every text via screenshot, funds on my account and transportation confirmation. My conscious is clear. My intentions and execution of my end of the deal were solid. It is your actions that were unethical and now you resort to name calling.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
this Manny guy sounded super impatient. Cant imagine him wanting to wait around for a check to clear.

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
The final agreement was that I was going to wire the entire sum to him on the day that the transport was going to take the car. Those funds are sitting on my account, together with fee incurred to proces the extra 10k I needed short term. Oh well. I will sit on that loan and be ready should something similar come up.

If anybody comes across a '72 3.0CS slick top, manual, AC, electric windows and low rust needing TLC, please let me know. Color, interior and paint condition does not matter as I want to give my car my personal touch. I am cashed up and good to go :)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
schs055cryG_LockThread.jpg