71 Cs 4 speed manual on carbs project UK RHD

pat cooks

Reaction score
I am just trying to gauge interest in one of my projects that I may be selling, as above it is a RHD 1971 3.0Cs manual, carburetor car, Baikal blue / tan cloth, has a BMW UK fitted Goldie (Wabesto style) sunroof in great condition together with vinyl roof (no rust bubbles underneath) it has sat inside a garage for around 35 years, the engine is seized but no great loss as it is an incorrect 2800cc lump, the car has a "new" left front wing, fitted 35 years ago, the right wing needs repairs to the top and the bottom where it meets the sill, the rusty bottom section has been cut off and a WN repair panel is included. the inner wings require the usual top rail repairs WN and genuine parts included, the bottom of the door pillars are solid, just surface rust, the sills are very solid, just small local repairs needed, small holes in the outer corners of the front floor pan behind the throttle pedal, rear arches very solid, again just local repairs needed, bonnet and boot lid the best you will find in the UK and the doors are very solid with slight rust, the tan cloth interior is poor but the headliner is great, the wood is generally good but not perfect, very nice rear lamps, very complete, has keys! I have the outer sill covers and a front alloy strip as the one on the car is damaged, the spare wheel well is solid as is the boot floor, blue tinted glass factory fitted...........

it is on the DVLA system, last taxed in 1983! unlike the USA no back taxes to pay though, still showing a 3.0 engine on the system,

I have a selection of M30 engines and could include a suitable 3.0cs engine in the sale or could maybe offer an upgrade to Csi with most injection parts or 3.5 , could also offer a few other upgrades to the carbs, downdraft webbers, a later 5 speed M30 gearbox, I may also have a used blue leather interior for sale later when I replace the incorrect interior in my other E9............

I know these cars VERY well as I was Cooksferry Engineering in a past life, now retired..............this car was going to be a retirement project but I have decided that I have too many, this is probably the best UK E9 project anyone has found in years, it does NOT require a strip and dip, I would remove the front wings or at least the right one to carry out inner wing repairs,

it will require brake caliper rebuilds and same for the servos and master cylinders, all old parts included,

I do have someone interested in the car, looking next week, but that may fall through so I am putting feelers out,

I am thinking £16,000 with any choice of upgrades from my list or a base price of £13,500 and you pay for whatever extras you want, or do I ebay it?

as I still have my old truck I can offer UK delivery @ £1.00 per mile plus travelodge if needed, car is located near Epping Essex, CM16 ......... Pat

Attachments

• 35years in here.jpg
    35years in here.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 185
  • emerging from shed.jpg
    emerging from shed.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 201
  • right side now.jpg
    right side now.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 173
  • as good as it gets right door pillar.jpg
    as good as it gets right door pillar.jpg
    442.1 KB · Views: 180
  • front now.jpg
    front now.jpg
    439.5 KB · Views: 173
  • goldie.jpg
    goldie.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 177
  • headliner.jpg
    headliner.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 175
  • roof open.jpg
    roof open.jpg
    461 KB · Views: 163
  • left rear jacking point.jpg
    left rear jacking point.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 157
  • right sill surface rust.jpg
    right sill surface rust.jpg
    393.3 KB · Views: 149
  • left rear sill door quater panel.jpg
    left rear sill door quater panel.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 158
  • front valance.jpg
    front valance.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 175
  • no rust under vinyl.jpg
    no rust under vinyl.jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 198
  • right lower wing.jpg
    right lower wing.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 190
  • right wing top rusty.jpg
    right wing top rusty.jpg
    380.9 KB · Views: 193
  • right inner wing usual rust.jpg
    right inner wing usual rust.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 154
  • left inner wing slight rust.jpg
    left inner wing slight rust.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 169
  • woodie.jpg
    woodie.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 154
  • tags.jpg
    tags.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 146
  • inner wing repair panels.jpg
    inner wing repair panels.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

Rek

Reaction score
Sell it with ongoing guidance and advice. That would hugely increase the value in my mind. I was clueless doing mine until I built up a string of experts (includes Chef who used to work for you) and would have paid good money for a shorter learning curve.

pat cooks

Reaction score
I offer advice to my old customers via email on a daily basis, only yesterday I offered to manage the accident repair and insurance claim process for an old customer after a DPD truck rear ended his 2002 Tii, I brought a lot of Cooks classic parts home but probably too many as I find it hard to locate bits I think I have, when this car is gone I will sort through some parts and offer them for sale, Shef is a good guy, I often ask him to do work on my family BMW's that I cannot be motivated to do myself!

pat cooks

Reaction score
I cleared out the trunk today, great interior, one perfect and one very good wheel arch cover, a very good tool tray with a small crack, no rust through in the spare wheel well, I also found a lot of small parts that I had stashed in there, if it does not sell in the morning I have another 20 or so pictures,

pat cooks

Reaction score
car has sold, made my asking price without the upgrade option, so I will find some time over the winter to release my spare E9 parts as I am not planning on restoring another, I will keep a set of spares for my CSiL but the rest can go,
I do have quite a few 3.0 CS and Csi engines plus a couple of E28 535 engines, plus a good few E9 bumper parts,