70 2800 CS - SAN DIEGO 12K USD

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
The sticker on this shows that it is a Polaris car. I cringe every time I see a black inner fenders. This seems like it could be a great opportunity. The interior looks good!

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I like it! If it's rust free for the most part, then even better. pull the engine and paint the engine compartment!

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
So did the price go up? The listing shows 15k list price.

Interesting to note the later hood with washer jet nozzles versus the hidden jets I would expect and also the later model "flag" mirrors.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Interesting to note the later hood with washer jet nozzles versus the hidden jets I would expect and also the later model "flag" mirrors.

It is hard to find an unrestored e9 *without flag mirrors. Now you have me poking and prodding thigh. All in good fun, and for the sake of
learning. The car is $15K - discrepancies are a given.

This is what I spot:

- The dashboard and center console appear
to be blue vinyl

- The AC console is from an E3

- The shift surround appears to be adapted from the auto

- The auto indicator is still present

- The passenger 2800 CS washer fluid squirter is still present. Hood was swapped with late model (per WISE9uy) and is black on the underside.

- Missing rocker covers

- Missing driver's side beltline?

- Nose appears to have been lightly hit. Kidney is askew and there is light buckling by the roundel

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I was going to check it out. I had an appointment to view it and the owner texted before I left saying he "made a typo" on the $11K, and the price should have been $15K. He was flooded with calls and probably realized at that point he was underpricing it. I decided not to look at it. At $15K seems reasonable from internet description and pics, but I was out at that price point.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Bondo covering the rear sidemarker hole???

s-l1600.jpg