70 2800 CS in the Bay Area

calshamus

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with this 1970 2800 CS in the SF bay area - VIN - 2280028? I looked in this forum but didn't find any prior discussions.

http://www.e9-driven.com/RegistryView.asp?RID=4435

FYI it's a pewter color automatic.

I plan on getting it inspected professionally before I inspect it myself, but I wanted to reach out to this forum to get a jump on the "process".

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

sreams

Reaction score

rb1971

Reaction score
Maybe it was at the recent 2002 meet in Brisbane? I seem to recall a silver auto but didn't see anything in my pictures on a quick rescan.

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
<<<BTW, had this thing inspected...POS, don't bother. >>>

Your comments would be helpful if they were more specific....what was uncovered in your inspection? Who did the inspection? What was the estimate to fix?

calshamus

Reaction score
I had Peter Pan BMW do the inspection. The intent was a full inspection, but the mechanic called me after 15 minutes into it and described the rot issues...thus we stopped the inspection right there.

The mechanic stated there was severe rust in behind the glove box.

There was a decent amount of filler around the front/rear windows and rear deck lid. Basically there was rust in all the typical places.

So much for "rust free".

Eldorado66

Reaction score
I had forum member do an inspection last year on a Coupe on the North side of the GG Bridge. The price was good.It had a slew of issues that would add up to Big $$$. Glad I didnt fly out to find out. For someone who is not an expert, it really does make a lot of sense ,if possible, to find someone here that knows all the pitfalls check these babies out. It seems the less someone knows about E9's the harder a time they have seeing rust .