69 silver 2800cs auto on BAT

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
What's nice is that the engine compartment looks original, so that's a good sign for the shock tower/inner fender front. But ya never know under all that insulation.

Seriously needs more pictures. Underside especially.

milwaukeesk

Member.
Site Donor
Reaction score
For what it's worth, based on the pic of the passenger side, the front fender has been replaced or at a minimum repainted.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
For what it's worth, based on the pic of the passenger side, the front fender has been replaced or at a minimum repainted.

I'd say re-painted. Silver is hard to match; especially 47-year old silver. My poor 2800 has like 3 shades of blue on it, yet panels all look original.

20151104_151603_HDR.jpg

If the underside looks as good as the upper...I'd say $45k.

It'd be higher with a stick shift and detailed/painted engine compartment, but who knows really w/o more pictures.

scottd

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I think the overall condition of this car will hold it back more than it being an automatic. It's missing quite a bit, and it would need a fair amount of $ to bring it back. I think there may be some rust issues that haven't been disclosed in the photos. As an owner of an auto, I would love it to hit mid $40s, as someone mentions below, but I am going to guess high $20s to low 30s.

Scott

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
True, won't know w/o more pictures (doubtful owner will remove the rocker covers), but the engine compartment, if all original, is promising. But that insulation...uggh...won't really know w/o scraping it off. I started doing that as I was curious what I'd find. Luckily, all good except a little rust hole underneath the wiper motor. Fender seams/shock towers all good.

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Take a look at the top of dashboard on the passenger side corner in one of the pics?

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, but is it from a leak and is the radius wood laminate and core not shown in the pic water damaged?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, but is it from a leak and is the radius wood laminate and core not shown in the pic water damaged?

I think if tg was water damaged it would have seeped as far left as the first “biscuit” on the shelf. Based on my highly water damaged dash anyway. Also, although my dash is completely trashed from windshield damage, the area above the glovebox is fine. I determined that the area above the glovebox is damaged by holes in the inner fender near the shock tower (not the windscreen). Once water gets past the top of the inner fender, the “fender box” sand trap thingy send the water right to the glove box.

From BAT:
C5AC3C20-6673-46DE-827B-ECC76B44E5CB.jpeg

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It looks kind of like an Escher drawing - can't tell where it supposed to begin or end. Honestly, I can't imagine what has happened here or how. It's almost like it melted.

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
I guess it’s not as bad as the Taiga CSL that sold on BAT for $118K back in November

8D00FEC3-9507-4CB0-BBEB-B96687EF8BFA.jpeg

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I think that dash has been covered and it's coming off. There's a big wrinkle next to the gauge housing and the texture looks different to me.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Little disconcerting that the seller provides NO pictures hardly of the typical rust areas.

As our leader, seems like there's something to hide.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Based on the photos provided this car is VERY much like my car, minus the Alpinas and Nardi. I'm insuring my car for $25k and thought it would be hard to replace it for that.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
I went and played with this today. VERY NICE seller, and the car was a beauty. A few cosmetic things under the hood but there really isn't a rust problem and it's all minor maintenance. I'm gonna go for it.
Go for it! Looks like a great car all things considered. You may want to look at my restoration project as I think that is what you are in for if and when you decide to do something

restart

Reaction score
So many arm chair experts on the Internet...I may as well play one too
Paint seems a little too shiny for me.
Looks like the front clip has been replaced and the front fenders seem to be a different color. Poor color matching? Crack at base of A pillar?
6B8F07C9-604A-4987-905C-2545E528266F.png
EBF8CF02-098C-4929-9A5E-7EB23B537332.png
6D36B005-A294-4B7E-B6B6-8C3F03558B08.png