'67 2000CS resto...Papa's Church Car

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The hood and deck lid were separately soda blasted and I dropped them off to Mitch early this morning. The deck lid is going to need a fair amount of work (like the doors)...it was pretty beat up over 50 years. The hood is very good with only one minor dent to smooth out. In the meantime, Mitch had shot grey primer on it to contrast against for block sanding.

IMG_9250.JPG

We also discussed some issues he's having with the roof. It is quite flexible and he's worried about easy it flexes. We are exploring how best to add some ribs underneath. Here, he's slipped some aluminum bar stock underneath, simply so he could DA sand the roof.

IMG_9240.JPG

Ed

Attachments

• IMG_9250.JPG
    IMG_9250.JPG
    233.5 KB · Views: 170

autowerks

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ed, 22 line single stage?
With all the work you have done look into 54 line, 22 line does not withstand Texas sun!
I used to paint many solid cars with 22 line till 1994 when we painted everything 54 line cause I got tire of rebuffing cars for dullness!
looks beautiful by the way!

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Line 55? is base coat/clear coat?

I decided to go with single stage and the paint is purchased, anyways.

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Harry asked for some measurements of the diamond pattern in another thread, but I thought I'd add it here for congruity...
parcel shelf vinyl pattern.jpg

Ed

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Good job on the parcel shelf measurements!

I read that as 11.5 gallons and my jaw dropped. I’m anxiously awaiting the paint pics. I don’t intend to keep my car Granada but I also haven’t seen flattering new Granada paint!

Bennett

Site Donor
Reaction score
This is a great thread. All the pictures are great - except Papa's hat ruined my day - I'm a Trojan. Fight On!

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
except Papa's hat ruined my day - I'm a Trojan

I can still remember sitting on the couch with Papa and mom watching this game... Papa was losing his mind when Vince Young ran this in.

451c16075bda0bbca46aef642dab0de7.jpg

So awesome :)

Ed

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Test shot the underside of the deck lid today. Mitch is happy with the Glazurit and it does appear to be Granada...

IMG_9318.JPG

Ed

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
After some fisheye problems were sorted out over the last couple weeks, Mitch shot the hood and color-sanded it on Monday. Things are looking up!

IMG_9407.JPG

IMG_9408.JPG

Ed