66- 2000 cs

timduncan1

Reaction score
Just bought a 1966 2000 cs- has anyone done any updating on suspension, brakes, engine or drivetrain to make these cars ride any better? Where can I find parts for this car like carpet, interior, trim etc Thanks for your help

x_atlas0

Reaction score
Carpet, trim, and interior are going to be your biggest problem. Quite simply, nobody makes them. You will have to get them off parts cars or make them yourself.

As far as the brakes go, with some work, you may be able to use the later 3.0CS brake components, so 4 wheel vented disks with 4 pots up front.

The engine should be a M10, if I am not mistaken. You could therefore do whatever else was done to a M10 to it. Converting the car to a M30 would be a major undertaking, as I do not know if it would require some cutting and welding.

Realistically, you have a pretty rare car, so there isn't a lot of upgrade information.

Orangener

Reaction score
Maybe this could be for interest for you :

Titel.jpg

Car was done by a friend of mine, i made this link to our austrian forum in translated version:

http://translate.google.at/translat...19-5564256-0.html&sl=de&tl=en&history_state0=

Spareparts you can get from : http://www.wallothnesch.com/e/frameparts.htm

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
Just bought a 1966 2000 cs- has anyone done any updating on suspension, brakes, engine or drivetrain to make these cars ride any better? Where can I find parts for this car like carpet, interior, trim etc Thanks for your help
What are you looking for?
Before doing any modifications, make sure the existing mechanical parts are in good shape.

The easiest way to "make these cars ride better" is to change tires.

The suspension is mostly the same as 2002s. You can install 2002 sway bars for flatter cornering. The shocks and springs are different, however.

Some brake parts are not shared with other BMWs. I had my calipers and master cylinder sleeved and rebuilt by White Post Restorations. The rear brakes are easier, as you can use mostly E21 3 series parts.

It is conceiveable that for an upgrade, one could swap 3.0CS front struts and brakes and a complete rear subframe/swing arms/brakes but this would also include a differential swap and the available gear ratios are not very compatible with the rest of the car. It also requires a change to 5-lug wheels. This whole project would be a lot of work.

If you are in the US, contact Carl Nelson http://www.bimmerdoc.com/ He is familiar with these cars and has a lot of parts.

Do a search here for 2000CS for more information. There won't be a large number of posts...

timduncan1

Reaction score
2000 CS parts

Thanks Orangener the website in Germany is incredible for 2000 cs parts wish there was a parts shop like that in the US. I am going to have a very high fedex bill.

jalo111

Reaction score
I bought my Carpets through World Upholstery about 8 years ago - just now putting them in and they are very close to the originals.

If you need some parts I might have some - although they are they cast offs from the ones i replaced, but if you cant find it then you could restore

i have window cranks, headlight buckets.

You can also go to your local BMW parts department and they can order items from BMW - they made several items for me from the original molds. Also, the resources listed on here are where i bought parts from along with checking e-bay every few days.

any questions, just ask.

jim Lawson
'67 2000 C 100967