52 10 1 801 469

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm assembling my seats and I find that the idiot me who ordered parts only ordered one of the required two of the chromed plastic covers that fit on the seat side under the flip lever - #4 in the diagram. Part # 52 10 1 801 469. Note correct sequencing of the numbers so that I don't get into trouble with Don.

So does anyone have one of these that they can please send to me in Australia.

Gary

Attachments

• diag_f41.png
    diag_f41.png
    19.6 KB · Views: 183

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Shipping from the US is $23.50

@Gazz,

I have quite a few but none are in great shape. I’ll snap some pics tomorrow.

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
Gazz, a while back someone was producing these in metal given the plastic is prone to break ...not sure who it was but perhaps someone can remember ?. I haven't fitted mine as yet but very good quality .Perhaps something to consider if still available .

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
Metal makes a lot of sense. They are quite simple so I'll have a go at fabricating a pair using the one I have as a template.

Thanks but hold off for now Markos.

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks Don, yes please if it's not too late even though I have made my own.

Also, if it's not any trouble, would you kindly order the rubber seals that fit on the outside of the door between the chrome door trim and the at the bottom of the 1/4 windows?

I know these little buggers exist but I can't find the part numbers or where they are at W & N.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Gazz ... i think the ones you made look great (probably better than original) with the saddle tan interior and the bright seat trim. the only thing letting you down (slightly) is the upper hinge cover - perhaps it can be polished

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I ordered one for you just in case Gazz.
shall I hold it until we find the rubber seals?
as cheap as they are I will order 5 next week.

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
Gazz ... i think the ones you made look great (probably better than original) with the saddle tan interior and the bright seat trim. the only thing letting you down (slightly) is the upper hinge cover - perhaps it can be polished

It real life it is polished. What you are seeing in the pic is a distorted reflection of the grey floor carpet. Also, I will be using the correct dome head slotted screws instead of the Philips heads you see in the pic. Note that I polished those as well. I have a very hard working polishing machine. I could say something about the knob being polished but I fear that may invite a plethora of distasteful comments.

Last edited:

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Guys- I ordered 3 of these when I got back to USA.
I will order more on the next order next week!