Reaction score
just called "says tomorrow" if it sparks im on my way out to sonoma raceway
charging my phone for the video tomorrow
hopefully*****

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
he ran into a new "bad" crankshaft sensor
they just dont make em like they used to.
so onward again.

Last edited:

restart

Reaction score
It takes me at least a week to change those.:)

I have my bags packed.
What does new bad mean.

That
1. It’s been the crankshaft sensor all along since day one and they newly discovered this.:eek:

Or hopefully,
2. They put in a new sensor yesterday and discovered it today:)

I keep hoping one of those hgtv type shows has your car and they are gold plating it.
See you next week.

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
what else go stall this project.
so bill called today and he has replaced it
and is now setting up the air fuel sensor in the links program
so he said maybe he can call me this weekend so i can go over and HEAR THE DARN THING RUN.

Last edited:

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
good lord!
shouldnt have taken it to santa rosa speed shop have the money done in two weeeks
live and learn
still not done
alraedy gave him 3500
ridiculous

Attachments

• Inv_1397_from_Road_Rockets_7548.pdf
    72.2 KB · Views: 311

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Alan,

I, and I'm sure a lot of others on this Forum feel badly for you, and the difficult situation you and your car find yourselves in. I too had a similar experience with restoration of a '65 e-Type roadster by a guy in Portland OR back about 35 years ago. He was a complete thief. Still have some bad feelings about his scamming. Hope yours eventually turns out much better, and you soon have the car back home in the condition you've been dreaming about. Best wishes,

Gary-

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Markos -- I think architects bill by the hour, so time you spend during the work day on personal stuff turns into lost billable hours and lost money.

I suppose that would be true if you have an architect that can only work during “standard business hours”.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
its been 1 year since i took the car to him
ONE YEAR GUYS

I see what you mean. I beleive that you are talking about wasted duration and not wasted effort. $6K is under 50 hours. It seems reasonable to take one week (of effort) to sort out the engine and electrical issues. Waiting a year for it to happen is painful.

I know that people scoff at the price of a custom wiring harness, but I think that they are one of those things that may be worthwhile - especially for a non-oem motor swap. By custom harness I mean the ones that you pay a BMW expert to build.

I really hope you get on the road soon Alan!

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
And I hope that the car is well taken care off, that’s it’s protected from the elements, a year is a long time. That would be my greatest worry.
Hope it all works out the way you wish it to.

charofire

Reaction score
Having personally wired several different engines into different chassis (302 EFI into 69 Bronco and '66 Mustang; b35 into an e28; ls3 into an e28), it is ridiculous to see this shop's line items. Over 10 years ago, my car was wired by Terry Conners - a 535is with a 745i turbo swap - keeping intact the 745i ecu, which was not common at the time. The wiring was completed in under a day, but that's because Terry is a professional, and knows exactly what wires interface. It doesn't take 30+ hours to wire and engine swap. If someone is learning on the job, that's a different story. The shop could have easily told Alan that "Hey, I've never wired a Links into an e9 with an s38." Gary is right - Alan has been taken for a ride.