Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score

I consider myself a pretty technical guy, but I don’t think I can make heads or tails out of that 2D drawing.

Here is the 3D version, which costs $300 to print, even as a skeleton...

56605D78-23C3-4F93-9D16-2A3BE459713B.jpeg

BarryMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Markos,
I understand you have the technical file for the ignition cover. Is it possible to share with me to 3D print for my personal use only. Its just too costly to buy and post to me hete in Malaysia. My email is [email protected] or [email protected].
Much appreciated and thank you!
Regards
Barry

addresLLC

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Steven and I run Additive Restoration, the company named above. The console looks very doable in another additive process. I agree that FDM isn’t really great for these sort of parts. Appearance can be challenging not to mention I’ve found FDM parts do tend to have a relatively short lifespan. If you have any questions and would like me to take a closer look at the part feel free to reply here or contact me via https://www.additiverestoration.com/contact.html

mods: please let me know if this is ok?

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Steven and I run Additive Restoration, the company named above. The console looks very doable in another additive process. I agree that FDM isn’t really great for these sort of parts. Appearance can be challenging not to mention I’ve found FDM parts do tend to have a relatively short lifespan. If you have any questions and would like me to take a closer look at the part feel free to reply here or contact me via https://www.additiverestoration.com/contact.html

Just to confirm, the parts they have on their site are really reasonably priced (considering what they are for) and of a quality that they are used on some rare, high dollar collectibles.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score

This is my thread and I am a mod. So check, and check It’s okay. :D

I print the face plates SLS and they print very well. I haven’t found a good use case for FDM, but a few parts do come to mind.

Do you offer 3D scanning. There are a number of parts that members such as myself have little interest in owning/maintaining the model. If you are interested in owning the model, dealing with BMW if and when they scream, and also
offering them for sale - let us know. I am happy to provide some ideas on parts you could sell.

addresLLC

Reaction score
This is my thread and I am a mod. So check, and check It’s okay. :D

I print the face plates SLS and they print very well. I haven’t found a good use case for FDM, but a few parts do come to mind.

Do you offer 3D scanning. There are a number of parts that members such as myself have little interest in owning/maintaining the model. If you are interested in owning the model, dealing with BMW if and when they scream, and also
offering them for sale - let us know. I am happy to provide some ideas on parts you could sell.
Absolutely! We do parts for lower value (but not lower valued) cars. See the VW sunroof knobs we produce as an example. For the fascia I would suggest a Multijet Fusion part. It’s as robust as an SLS part but has the finish of an injection molded part. The material is very stable and should last as long as the originals.

Yes, we can 3D scan anything from a small trim part up to an entire car body so that’s not a problem for us. If you or others on the forum have parts in mind I’m happy to help out.

s-

Last edited:

E9inus Maximus

Site Donor $
Reaction score
They will be Darren. The side grills are done. The last iteration deviated from where we needed to be. I need to start two iterations back and work with my modeler to get it right. He’s waiting on me right now...
Hi, just saw this and I’m in need of the side grills for my AC console panels. I’ll gladly buy if you have these. I understand this is an old thread…thx!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi, just saw this and I’m in need of the side grills for my AC console panels. I’ll gladly buy if you have these. I understand this is an old thread…thx!

These aren’t for sale by me. I can send you the files with some helpful tips if you shoot me a PM. The faceplate isn’t public domain but the console sides are.