3.5 donor

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Tranny needs to come out for the engine swap- Might as well do the tranny at the same time. Get a m5 guibo from a e34 and shorten your driveshaft 3.4 inches. You will need the 58mm bolts [6]. Make sure you get the hydraulic pipe from a later master cylinder to slave as the fittings are different. Best deal for clutch package is $228.00 with T.O. and pilot included. Done....about 600 bucks if you already have the tranny.

ndrico

Reaction score
Question

I came across this because I need a complete new engine in my 2800CS. I currently have a 3.5 in it but it is no good anymore (the block cracked- i have no idea how it happened). I am not mechanically inclined and I do not know about cars like most people on this board.

I have been shopping out a new engine rebuild for it and the best prices I have gotten are in the 8k-12k range. I am in Orange County, CA and I havent found anybody that is cheaper. Most of the time I feel like Im getting duped. If I could pay $3-4k for a nice rebuilt 3.5 I would do it tomorrow. Can you guys recommend someone to me?