3.0 on ebay

cstrickland

Site Donor
Reaction score
Anyone seen the automatic just listed on ebay, gentleman would sell for 17,000.00 if anyone interested?

Last edited:

sirshorty

Reaction score
3.0 cs on ebay

Car was listed last week and auction ended at 21,000 but looks like deal did not go through.
here is my earlier post as my friend went to see the car last week.

Sorry for the late reply as the auction only has 3 hours left but i did get a friend who lives in queens and is a car guy to go look at it. here is what he found

The present owner doesn't know much about these cars and is a wholesaler of modern cars. he said he bought it for himself but can't keep it and do a full resto on it..

Car had a "driver" quality respray but not recently. It is not in the same fjord color that still shows in engine bay, door jambs or trunk floor which were not painted. Not a glass out or all trim off job either. Both lower fenders below side grills have rust bubbles but not through yet. Car has rust showing in spare tire well & on the left side above the well where the jack is kept. No holes there. Tool kit is there but is missing a few tools and what is there is kinda dirty and rusty.Trunk seal was dry and had cracks.
He found no rust on the inside fender seams in the engine bay or on the fire wall from looking inside glove box and fuse box. Under the car both rear floor pans had rust through holes showing padding coming out and there was a soft spot in driver's upper leg well . underside had black undercoating. Rockers looked solid showing no rust spots or soft areas and since the guy put it on the lift using jacking points and they didn't collapse they must be rather solid. While under there he noticed center muffler and pipes were old and semi rusty but no holes. Trans had leak from pan gasket. Cob webs on front suspension parts and a newer center track rod. Missed matched tires goodyear in rear and another brand in the front.Rear Bumper underiders had rust and rubber was cracked. rubber on front right guard was also also cracked. One door rubber was alright and one was half missing. Most of other window rubber had cracks. Pass widow did not go down and wipers and rear windows were mega slow. Leather was cracked in my places and carpet was original . Wood is flaking in many places and arm rest support is broke on drivers side. Ac blows cold and looks to converted to a more modern system but not sure if it is now r134. Bumper chrome looks pretty good. Carbs looked like they were worked on and radiator did not seam new but the owner said it was recored. Runs drives, and auto box shifts alright. He said it seems that it was not driven much since it came from cali in 2006 and perhaps it sat a lot but inside.

Based on my friends findings i would say that it is a good driver and that the new owner should expect at the very least to deal with rust repair on all the floor pans and some mechanical reconditioning for it to be ready for regular use. Some new rubber seals also will be needed. I feel 4 years ago this would have been a 10k to 15 k car but since the value of our cars has been rapidly increasing since then, it would be a 15k to 20k car today. The 21k price where it is at on ebay now is not so crazy but any higher and the winner may be disappointed. . He told my friend he would stop the auction for 30k but that seems unrealistic and too high to me.