3.0 CS Resto - Almost there!

RandomPunter

Reaction score
My 73, 3.0CS. Cosmetically done now. Added Front Air Dam, Rear Spoiler, Gaz Gold Adjustables (Very happy indeed with these), CS Stripes, Set of Alpinas (From Alfa Guilia World... Highly recommended, they were 1k Euro delivered to Dubai!) excellent reps. Respray on Doors ans rear boot where previous respray wasn't done correctly

So...appreciate Thoughts... Should I keep the funky velour interior and fix up the brown velour? OR go Blood Red Leather interior?

On the engine, fixed the secondary butterfly, timing and Mixture and she runs sweet now.

Still to go ,
- Change to Manual
- Strip Carbs, new Jets
Maybe...
- Considering new valves and seals and also perhaps new rings etc depending on results of Compression and BHP test

Do let me know thoughts and suggestions. Cheers all.

Attachments

• 20191219_165846.jpg
    20191219_165846.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 272
  • 20191219_182328.jpg
    20191219_182328.jpg
    293.8 KB · Views: 261
  • 20191219_165807.jpg
    20191219_165807.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 262
  • 20191219_165847.jpg
    20191219_165847.jpg
    299.8 KB · Views: 265
  • 20190322_173929.jpg
    20190322_173929.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 265

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
nice looking coupe,

maybe the angle of the photo but rear spoiler looks too thick, heavy and unapropriate to me, maybe adding a bmw emblem in the middle could help ?

alpinas look strange, the additional ring in the base of the spokes looks really odd, but i am no expert in big alpinas

the exhaust tail seems to be smaller than 60mm, but this maybe is the photo again

what do you mean by “Strip Carbs, new Jets”, jets ? are those the zeniths or others ?

seats look odd and tired, but red might ask for a complete swap of all interior, door trims, console,...maybe too much

good luck

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I agree with black seats, especially since it looks like you already have black door cards. Red can look amazing but you have to be careful with the color and trim choices, it can end up being distracting.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I agree with black seats, especially since it looks like you already have black door cards. Red can look amazing but you have to be careful with the color and trim choices, it can end up being distracting.
I don't have d'Q's discerning eye so it all looks good to me, except for the seats. They seem a distraction as they are too far from original. My Polaris coupe started life with blue valour. Picked up a tan leather interior along with a parts cars. The tan leater, tastefully aged, looked fine. Until a coupe buddy pointed out Polaris coupes never came with tan leather. He gently pursuaded me to have my upholstery guy dye the tan black. I love my black leather interior. The black has made, for some reason, the leather look newer.

And I love to wear my black leather pants and jacket when I drive my coupe. JUST KIDDING. But I will go off topic to recommend an old ebay auction where a guy was auctioning leather pants he had bought at a former girl friend's insistence. He claims he never wore them. But the questions(I feel he made some of them up) and answers make it the funniest auction and one of the funniest posts I have ever read. Google something like "black leather pants ebay auction."

DaveyME9

Reaction score
Hi RandomPunter,

You’ve done a great job there, congrats.

Quick question(s) for you. I’m considering fitting 16” wheels together with Gaz Shocks.. I assume you sent off your front struts as a donor unit? I believe they can supply the top mounts. What springs did you use? I recall that Rek fitted Gaz Shocks with at first 450lb springs and then 250lb but appears too hard for him. How is the ride and handling?
Cheers,

Cornishman

Site Donor
Reaction score
A very nice car, well done. For me the wheels, etc are all fine. Very few people in the world know what is original and what is not and it is unlikely that anyone will park another CS next to you. If you like it then all is fine.

Do you really want leather in DubaI, my experience is that Dubai is so hot for most of the year.
My CSi is very hot inside on a warm UK day, so I think a material may be easier to live with than leather.
Black would look great, but even hotter if the sun happens to get onto it.
All this assumes that you don’t have really great AC.