2800cs trade for 2002? Feeler...

chapa

Reaction score
Thinking about trading back to my original BMW love, an early '02. I have two (plus)
'71 2800cs coupes, and looking for a roundie, either restored, or a great survivor. If there is any interest, email:

[email protected]

If there is any interest here, I'll round up some pictures.

chapa

Reaction score
Looking for opinions on this, positive or negative. Let me have it.

jmackro

Reaction score
I have no opinion as to whether you should do the trade. I have owned both models, and can appreciate the charms of each.

Classic 4 cyl BMW's tend to sell for less than classic 6 cylinder cars. Sports Car Market's 2012 Price Guide gives a range of $6,500 - 9,500 for early 2002's, and $9,500 - 14,000 for the 2800CS (yea, those CS prices seem light to me too). So unless you are trading a bottom-of-the-range CS for a top-of-the-range 2002, you might expect some cash as well as the car.

But, not knowing the condition of your e9, it's tough to comment further.

chapa

Reaction score
All cars are located in Chicago area.

'71 2800cs Chamoinix originally a California car, currently in Chicago, never seen rain, let alone snow or salt. Rock solid towers. Can't call it rust free, but pretty damn close. Has a cool canvas sunroof. New engine and 4 speed transmission installed by the HIGH end Chicago Werkshop. Pulled the car from there only because I never intended to own the first six figure 2800cs. Most maintenance done by BMW wizard Ben Thongsai. Currently needs interior put back together, and brake work.

'71 2800cs Tundra green "parts" car. Ran when parked, but had the most beautiful tan interior, now mostly sitting in the car above. Beautiful wood, most likely to be transferred to the car above, but I'm not ready to kick out the windshield just yet. Bought this car from the original owner, who picked it up in Munich. He Ziebarted it and drove it for 35 years. Crazy original. Downside is the rocker panels LOOK like they've been in Chicago for 40 years. Still, an enthusiastic metal worker could probably save this from the scrap heap.

'71 2800cs Euro. Malaga bits and pieces remain. Doors, hood and trunk lid, wheels, carpet, some wood and gauges.

Working on the pictures, though the white car is already tucked away for the winter.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
for those that don't know who Ben Thongsai is, quite the talented wrench. good driver too, and general nice guy.