2000cs Parcel Shelf Redo.

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I know there are very few 2000c and cs owners on the forum,however this may be something for you who own these cars. The original rear parcel shelf was covered in a diamond embossed black vinyl.
The sze of the diamonds were 3 1/4" vertical and 2 1/4" horizontal. When installed the vertical diamond pattern ran front to rear on the shelf. I have bern searching for nearly 15 years and it's impossible to find the correct material with the correct I am on size. I bought some black vinyl took it to my upholsterer and has him stitch the diamond pattern with black stitching. It actually oops pretty nice.
The total cost was around $80 including the vinyl. I have enough material for one more parcel shelf if anyone would one made up. The would cost you $60 for the stitching. Let me know if interested.
Thanks
Koopman

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Picture says a 1000 words, Harry...

I just bought an original parcel shelf vinyl with the diamond pattern from Germany... I am hopeful that it will be in good shape and can be made to look acceptable in the red car. I'll post pics when it arrives.

Stuart sent me pics of his original car's parcel shelf vinyl... "electro-stitched" is what he called it.

Ed

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Used parcel shelf vinyl arrived from Germany and it will be perfect for my resto. I've doused it vinyl dressing to keep it as soft as possible. I'll get it to the upholstery shop this week. These kinda things are very difficult to find, but you have to stay persistent.

IMG_9285.JPG

Ed

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Ed. Is it possible for you to give me a measurement of one of the diamonds? Height and width.
Thanks

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Harry,
I’ve put in a local advert, so keep your fingers crossed.

Regards
Keshav