2 pc Rims

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
After much cleaning, dry/wet sanding, polishing, priming and painting I'm ready to reassemble and buy new rubber.

Anyone know the correct torque for the 7mm bolts on 2 piece BBS wheels.

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
Thanks Tim - I could probably do it in 10% of the time learned the hard way.

Da Surfa - No reply from BBS US on the spec but 18-20lbs sounds right. Thanks.

Doug

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
New Shoes

Here are the wheels with Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires mounted - 225/45 and 245/40 on 17x8 front and rear.

http://s54.photobucket.com/user/decoupe/slideshow/Wheels

Very tight to the front strut but 2mm clearance all the way until lock at which time they rub but I won't do any spacers at this point. No problems with the fender lips - already rolled in the front. Still room to go wider in the rear so I will continue to look for the elusive 9" barrels.

The centre caps that come with the Style 42 wheel won't work with the front axel spindle and grease cap so I'll pick up a set of Alpina style caps (that is what is on them in the photos) with BMW "spinner" centres.

Last edited:

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Here are the wheels with Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires mounted - 225/45 and 245/40 on 17x8 front and rear.

http://s54.photobucket.com/user/decoupe/slideshow/Wheels

Very tight to the front strut but 2mm clearance all the way until lock at which time they rub but I won't do any spacers at this point. No problems with the fender lips - already rolled in the front. Still room to go wider in the rear so I will continue to look for the elusive 9" barrels.

The centre caps that come with the Style 42 wheel won't work with the front axel spindle and grease cap so I'll pick up a set of Alpina style caps (that is what is on them in the photos) with BMW "spinner" centres.

The style 42s look great on your coupe, the Alpinas looked pretty nice too.

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
Such eloquence.

I really like the style 42 wheels and really like the car but I'm not sure I like the 42's on the car.

They should compliment and not compete with each other and they are so different from the Alpina's that your eye just gets drawn to the wheels because they aren't what you expect or are used to seeing.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Doug,

i have to say that i have a mild preference for the alpinas. the 17" wheel / tire size doesn't bother me, but i think the 42s are a little busy with all of the 2 piece bolts. that's probably what is distracting for me. i do love the car !

ymmv
scott