1974 3.0 CS Electric

mane

Reaction score
It does not return to center pretty much at all. If you drive on a motorway ramp with wheel turned steady 90 degrees. When you let go, it maybe returns 5 degrees but stays there. So basically the return is non-existent.

Once the snow and ice melts on this hill, I'll go and do some tests. I could record a video to show how works. Though, it might still be another month before I can drive her..

ScottAndrews

Reaction score
Wow, so that's really bad.. I thought it was just that it would return most of the way, but just not to dead center. Of course, I assume you can steer it back to center, or you would not be talking with us now!!.

Does the rack seems to provide steering boost when you do steeer it?

I'd try disabling the boost first. That will tell you instantly if it is the motor that is creating the resistance. If you center the wheel, does it drive centered? and does it center itself if you just go a tiny bit right or left from center?

It almost seems as if the rack is not offering any reverse boost, or it is holding the boost at the restoring force, so the wheel just stays inthe same place