1973 BMW 300CSI

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
I wish I had seen this soon and hope it is still available *sarcasm*. Is it is nice E9? Yes. But why the jerk ad... Note the wear on the center console, missing carpet by the pedals and the very rare single wiper option.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Aftermarket aluminum rad, possibly entirely new cooling system (hoses, components). That bed liner texture that seems to be on the strut tops - is it also on the air box? I thought that was smooth metal. Boy, it seems this vehicle would be getting a lot more respect if it wasn't represented so poorly. It may be a decent car. But who know what an outrageous offer means to this seller. :eek:

milwaukeesk

Member.
Site Donor
Reaction score
Curiosity got the best of me so I asked him what he was looking to get. 34k was the response which pending an inspection and some negotiation does not jump out as crazy...

If you can get past the ad copy, and the things a little off about it, it may still be worth a closer look.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
$34K isn't a bad price for a CSI for sure. It looks nicer than the $30K CSI from BAT recently.

Was AlpineWeiss a factory color? Didn't think it was.

milwaukeesk

Member.
Site Donor
Reaction score
$34K isn't a bad price for a CSI for sure. It looks nicer than the $30K CSI from BAT recently.

Was AlpineWeiss a factory color? Didn't think it was.

Other than price, the other question I asked was if the car was ever repainted. I didn’t get a response on that. Was wondering the same thing.

Sooner

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Talked to someone who requested a PPI, mechanic told him to save his money as way too much rust!

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Rust? Shocking.....

It's this simple, unless there's photo documentation that the car was pulled apart, acid dipped and built back from scratch to address all the rust issues, there will be rust of a significant nature somewhere.....I'm sure there's one or two rust free unicorns out there, but I'll stick with my standard.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Rust? Shocking.....

It's this simple, unless there's photo documentation that the car was pulled apart, acid dipped and built back from scratch to address all the rust issues, there will be rust of a significant nature somewhere.....I'm sure there's one or two rust free unicorns out there, but I'll stick with my standard.
Leonine99 nailed it.