1973 BMW 300CSI

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
Seller said:
The odometer only reads 9,439 miles which was told by previous owner to be original.. worse case has 109k miles.. The car surely does show condition of having less than 10k miles so it's believable..

Yes it’s very believable..:rolleyes:

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
As for the 9k original miles...
41NcbsUwtVL.jpg

But am having trouble doing so...

jefftepper

Reaction score
The VIN is in the registry.
The license plate is probably from around 1982.
If the car was brought in around then, it would have had to go through Federalization and California smog. No mention of importation papers.
Missing right rear bumper guard and right windshield wiper arm/blade assembly.
Conspicuously silent on the question of rust.

Otherwise pics look good as far as they go.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
This reminds me of what I deal with when buying private party cars. Sometimes we get complete idiots on the phone, or rude, or impatient, or ________, but if I want their car I put all of that aside and work the deal. Once we buy the car and it's sitting in front of me all the BS that I went through to get it is justified and in a way, a difficult seller can work to your advantage if other's don't want to deal with them. This looks like a nice car. Once you get past the seller it may work out for someone...

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
This reminds me of what I deal with when buying private party cars. Sometimes we get complete idiots on the phone, or rude, or impatient, or ________, but if I want their car I put all of that aside and work the deal. Once we buy the car and it's sitting in front of me all the BS that I went through to get it is justified and in a way, a difficult seller can work to your advantage if other's don't want to deal with them. This looks like a nice car. Once you get past the seller it may work out for someone...

Maybe so, but arrogance coupled with no price turns off a lot of buyers . Would be different if it was a #1 car somewhat

inovermyhead

Reaction score
It doesn’t look as new as the gold one that CN had on his site some time back, mind you the photographer in this one needs a new lens cloth..

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Someone went off with a black rattle can in the engine bay - looks like '72 tii intake runners! Speedo in MPH likely installed during federalization (my guess) as I believe all CSi came with KPH instruments - but I could easily be wrong. So one would surmise 109K miles since '82.....oh and the repaint was in Alpine White, which didn't exist in '73. Anyone asking large coin should do their homework and know the correct color name. Looks nice enough but we as a group see tarted up turds every week. Dollars to doughnuts there's significant rust, especially if it's spent time near the beach.

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Too many changes for car with 10k , Why the intake and the air filter canister are painted black? If this guy is a dealer I feel for him as his persuasive approach is lacking luster !

All and all it’s a CSI , (300 I might add) and it’s worth a close check !!!