1973 3.0CS on BaT today

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I just noticed this one, and didn't see it discussed elsewhere (my apologies if this is a duplicate post). The condition of this car reminds me a lot of my car when I first got it. As such, I have a soft spot for it. Someone must save it!

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
The 70 2800cs with all the upgrades, rear discs, 3.0 fuel injection, 5 speed and way less crust sold for only $9k more. I get the 3.0 is pretty “original” and silver could be more desirable than green but you’ll spend more than $9k just on the body panels required. What am I missing?

jmackro

Reaction score
The 70 2800cs with all the upgrades, rear discs, 3.0 fuel injection, 5 speed and way less crust sold for only $9k more. I get the 3.0 is pretty “original” and silver could be more desirable than green but you’ll spend more than $9k just on the body panels required. What am I missing?
What you're missing is that BaT buyers aren't always rational. The 3.0 that sold today is certainly going to cost its buyer WAY more than $39K by the time he's done.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
What you're missing is that BaT buyers aren't always rational. The 3.0 that sold today is certainly going to cost its buyer WAY more than $39K by the time he's done.
Yup. My bad for thinking rationally. Sometimes BaT can be a silly place.