1973 3.0CS FOR SALE & 1971 CS (maybe...) SF Bay Area

IBChumpy

Reaction score
Hello All -

*Update* Both coupes going to ebay this week....

I'm selling my 1973 BMW CS Automatic and 1971 CS (parts car only). I do not have a selling price but I'm willing to entertain offers. I will be selling the coupe complete as is. I'm not selling parts off the car, only complete. The car does not have an interior.

I bought the coupe in 2007 from a family in Sausalito, CA. I have been gathering information and tinkering with it on and off with it over the years. Recently, with the motivation of other coupe owners, I was finally ready to start rebuilding starting with body and paint. What I thought to be a small project has turned into more of a project that I am willing to move forward with. It would be a great project for someone with the drive to finish. The overall body is straight and complete complete with trim, bumpers, wheels, lights etc. The gas tank was also treated about four years ago. The car has all windows and exterior trim in good condition. The car does run and is driveable, but all fluids need to changed.

Here are the issues:

- The rusty rocker panel project is more than I expected and more than what I wanted to get into.

- After poking around the rear of the car was bondo repaired at some point in time.

- The spare tire well has rusted (not completely through in some points).

- Both front driver and passenger floorboards are rusted.

- Rust bubbles in both front fenders and doors. Rust bubbles on roof near automatic sunroof.

- The reverse in the automatic transmission is not functioning

I'm also selling my other coupe. I have a 1971 2800 CS (Salvage Title) sitting in my garage that was my parts car. The car was in an accident on the Golden Gate Bridge and the front and rear were totaled (pancaked, actually... *bonus the paint from the GG bridge is still there and will be included). The car was completely restored by the previous owner, who is a reputable restorer in Marin County, before it was wrecked. It had undergone a 5-speed conversion. The leather, interior, wood, dash, Nardi steering wheel, and carpets are in PRISTINE condition. There are also 16" Alpina's on the car (2 need to be repaired as a result of the wreck). Floorboards, rocker panels, doors, mirrors, engine bits, even down to the screws are in pristine condition. The previous owner spared no expense in restoring this e9. The car has no roof (SOLD IT). I considered holding on to this car just for the value of the interior.

It's possible I would sell them together just to make it easier on the future buyer. 99% of all parts needed for a restoration are between the two cars. I will not sell any parts off either cars, I am looking to sell complete as I want my garage clear. Please feel free to PM me for any questions or reasonable offers...

Shaun

Last edited:

IBChumpy

Reaction score
A few pics... more to come

1973 3.0 CSA

IMG_1281.jpg

IMG_1280.jpg

IMG_2287.jpg

IMG_1282.jpg

photo_zps75b77add.jpg

1971 2800

IMG_2170-1.jpg

Last edited:

IBChumpy

Reaction score
1971 2800 Interior Shots

I wanted to post these interior pics of the 1971 2800. I will detail later, but you can see how good the interior looks. It's a little dusty from sitting covered in the garage for a couple years. All trim pieces including the dash trim piece (not pictured) are included...

photo2_zpsc60fea6b.jpg

photo4_zps620563fe.jpg

photo1_zps51f28d99.jpg

photo3_zpsead71787.jpg

Damaged rim
photo5_zpsac5e464d.jpg

IBChumpy

Reaction score
I will be putting both on ebay this week with a fair reserve. At least the forum will have a heads up on both cars...

Shaun

IBChumpy

Reaction score
More interior pics of the '71 2800....

I wanted to post a few more pics of the 1971 interior. Sorry a little dusty but I really didn't feel like detailing this evening. The interior is in amazing condition, however, my photography is not. When I removed the rooftop, I had to disassemble the rear interior, hence it's a little loose in the pics. All the handle and bits are still with the car. Everything has been stored in my garage and not the elements. If anyone is in the Bay Area feel free to PM me if you would like to check the cars out this weekend. I'll be available most of Saturday...
Shaun

photo24_zpsb04325c1.jpg

photo26_zpse812e5a2.jpg

photo23_zpseea1361f.jpg

photo19_zps15cd4000.jpg

Easy anal picky onlooker, it's a piece of hair not a tear...
photo20_zps5e02b964.jpg

photo22_zps4090d676.jpg

Last edited:

IBChumpy

Reaction score
And more pics....

More pics... The engine bay is dusty because it was sitting in a autobody shop for sometime after the accident. I removed the carbs, air housing filter and water reservoir about a year ago and installed them on the 1973 to get it running.

image_19_zps160284b8.jpeg

image_2_zpsbe05c6fb.jpeg

Money Shot - Undercarriage & Rockers
image_18_zps56ecf5b1.jpeg

image_17_zps04686878.jpeg

Top of Rocker, Bottom of door jams
image_15_zps3519cb7e.jpeg

image_14_zpsfd3c5d00.jpeg

image_13_zpsb52356a4.jpeg

image_10_zps4916b026.jpeg

image_8_zps544b8095.jpeg

Rear Passenger
image_7_zps49589531.jpeg

Front Passenger
image_6_zpscac0186f.jpeg

Front Driver
image_12_zps59ea981e.jpeg

IBChumpy

Reaction score
Both cars listed back on eBay. I'm learning that I'm not too fond of eBay practices. As a first time eBay seller, I’m none too impressed with the bidding process. I find it irritating for those who try to manipulate the bidding process. I listed it and tried to be as totally transparent as I could about the vehicle condition. I’ve been openly answering all questions and sending additional pics for those interested. I’ve even detailed the flaws because of the feedback of the purported listing integrity issues all across the eBay board. Unfortunately, I can’t control the people on the other side of my computer. I can control that the car will go to those who possess basic comprehension and integrity... You know who you are. That is all...

eBay Auction # 281075973892

Last edited:

Draco02

Reaction score
Cars for sale

Just won the auction for both cars on eBay!
Please call me regarding payment and schedule for pick up.
Thanks,
Le
626-497-3773

Draco02

Reaction score
New purchase

Thank you rsporsche! Ill keep you guys posted. Just spoke with Shaun and will be getting the cars this coming weekend.

Le